4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Author Topic: Testimonies  (Read 2474 times)

Robert

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4x 4Him Christian Wheeler
    • View Profile
Testimonies
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:42:09 PM »

I'll start. I have been working on sharing my testimony, and since it's fresh in my mind and has been on my heart, I thought that I would share. I was pretty much abused as a child. I spent most of my life in a solitary confinement of my own creation. My abuse issues made it nearly impossible to trust. I felt worthless, and a lonliness that went to the core of my being. The Lord tried to break through at an early age, but I learned to self medicate and turned to other things for comfort, worth and companionship. I battled with addictions for nearly 20 years, and found that the only way to ease the pain was to go faster, higher and farther than I thought humanly possible. I sought out the counterfeit for true love, not knowing that He was searching for me the whole time.

Then about five years ago, at a time of desperation, I turned back to the Lord. I began attending church, and He led me back to Him with His great love and acceptance. I maintained for a while until a men's retreat that broke through the walls that I had built around my heart. I heard a man speaking things about himself that mirrored my life in many ways. I began to seek counseling for those deep issues in my life that were burried for so long. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Nearly three years later, my life is full of blessings, hope and joy. The walls have been rebuilt to allow for safety and access both. I have developed deep, meaningful relationships with many people. The Lord is making me into the person that He created me to be. All praise and glory belong to Him. These groups of brothers and sisters that we belong to have fostered much of the growth in me. Going out on the trails or breaking bread with ya'll has been a real source of healing in my life. Thank you all for sharing these wonderful times with me. God Bless.     
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

Ironman

• God forgives, rocks don't.
    • View Profile
Re: Testimonies
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 05:01:35 PM »

Wow Bro, thanks for sharing that. I love to hear peoples testimonies, especially when they have a good ending. I myself don't really have much of one. I guess thats good though. I was raised in a new testament style church (Full Gospel) all my life by two Godly parents. I did my own thing for awhile around high school and some years after but soon realized I was on the wrong path. Prov. 22:6
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 02:21:35 PM by Ironman »
'97 Jeep TJ stretched 4", 4.0, SM465, NP 231 w/4:1, HP Dana 60 w/5.38's and ARB in rear, HP Dana 44 w/5.38's, ARB and high steer in front. 5.5 RE long arm kit with 14" King coilovers front and rear, rollin' on 37" MTR's w/17" Allied Rockathon Beadlocks...The bigger the tire, the smaller the rocks.

dinasings

• Rock Jocky
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
    • KnowRain.com
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:16:02 PM »

Amen Brotha! Very touching testimony. Thanks for sharing. It really blessed me. It did....................for real. I have some walls that need to be broken down that I have built up around me just recently. I am thinking it is gonna take a lot of work to wear them down. Your testimony has maybe helped with that wall of insecurity. I am not the only one am I. I really am glad to be a part of a group of people who are deeper than just just this obsession that we call "wheeling". Thanks again for sharing!
Dinasings
86' GMC Jimmy "Big Red"
8" lift, 4:88 gears, 700r4 trans,
Np208 transfer case,
front and rear Auburns,
38" Sw, Warn manual hubs,
Rock lights, Cust bumpers

www.knowrain.com
www.myspace.com/dinasings

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 06:51:04 PM »

I get to share "my story" Saturday at work. It is during an AA meeting so I can tell them about what the Lord has done for me. Please pray that His words would come out and not mine.

Amyone else want to share their testimony?
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

Davem

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 11:07:56 PM »

O.K. I'll jump in, Thank you Robert for sharing, I have found you to be "Real" and have a good Heart, and that's what GOD wants most! I've known you for about three years. :hummmm:

I grew up in a luke warm but "good" Christian home in a rural town in New EnglandĀ  :cold: We grew up in the lower middle class as there were 5 kids. Lived in "subsidized " housing but I never knew it or figured it out till I was older. Being the youngest, when I was in my first teen years, all my brothers and sister were gone so we could afford to move to the "better" side of the tracks. WRONG that was the beginning of my fall, my New friends were into all the Wrong things, started doing drugs and alcohal at 14-15. At 17 I was KING of the world and knew it all, got Married (at 17) worked full time and stayed in school. Stopped the partying because I was gonna be a DAD. Everything was great, Making BIG $ as a Jet engine Mechanic. Then one day, my best friends girlfriend "found me" and said she was suspicious of him and my wife. So a few days later I pretended to go to work and returned several hours later to find them IN BED. I almost killed him, but was sane enough to realize he or she wasn't worth going to prison over. Sp I quit my job , turned back to drugs and alcahol, and went nuts for a few years till The Law cought up to me. Got six months in Jail, no biggy, till I was about to be released and got arrested again for Accessory to Robbery and got 3-6 Years in Prison. :yikes: Some how the "Paper" work got messed up and Thank God I only did 18 months (total) in a Country Club type prison. Stayed good for a while got a real job, then my daughter was diagnosed with Lukemia, hung in there a few years, but went off the Deep end again. (when she died) But on the day she went HOME I was crying at her bedside (she was eight) and she came out of her wearyness sat up like nothing was wrong and said " Daddy, it's o.k., I'm goin to be with JESUS" she hugged me and kissed me and went home that very moment!
After all that I still didn't "get it" how could anyone not know GOD is REAL after that??

I still went on goin down the tubes fast my "Best friends" were Hells Angels (not the California type) the type that thought nothing of killing someone I was not a member but had all the "priviliges" as I got parts and "fixed there Harleys". One example, I was dealing Cocaine and someone ripped me off, I told them about it and the guy was never seen again :hummmm: I did figure out after loosing most of my friends to O. D's and getting killed in accidents (came close a few times myself) that this wasn't cool. So I decided to move to Ca. to "start over". My brother lives in Camarillo, I thought I died and went to Heaven. Perfect weather , more Beautiful Women than I could ever have time for and of course the BEST and cheapest drugs (again) Nothing dramatic at this point just went on several more years (I'm now 28 at this point) Then one day God put someone in my path and got me to Church. That didn't take but Planted the seed. I felt very "EMPTY" for the first time in my life. Decided to stop EVERYTHING didn't even Date till I found the "Right one" and I did after almost a year (my present wife of twenty years) . God put an old friend of her's in our path at the begining of our relationship that invited us to Church, we were READY and have been serving GOD ever since!!!
 :jesus: :musicsmiley: :amen:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:19:03 PM by DaveM »

Ironman

• God forgives, rocks don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 02:27:15 PM »

WOW! Dave. That is so cool. I love reading these.  :thumbup:
'97 Jeep TJ stretched 4", 4.0, SM465, NP 231 w/4:1, HP Dana 60 w/5.38's and ARB in rear, HP Dana 44 w/5.38's, ARB and high steer in front. 5.5 RE long arm kit with 14" King coilovers front and rear, rollin' on 37" MTR's w/17" Allied Rockathon Beadlocks...The bigger the tire, the smaller the rocks.

Kodiak Commando

• Look Ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 09:10:09 AM »

Thanks for sharing Dave and Robert!  You never know how your testimony will speak to another and bring another lost soul to know Him and be written in the Lamb's book!
Fred
Fred Whorff
1967 Jeepster Commando
2015 Rubicon Unlimmited
1951 Willys Pickup
1961 Willys Station Wagon
1991 Grand Wagoneer
Yes its a disease of epic proportions!

Taxman

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 10:51:35 AM »

Robert and Dave, what great testimonies.  My conversion seems so blah in comparison but a pastor once told me that everyones testimony will speak to someone, so here goes:

I grew up in a Christian home.  My dad left when I was 3 so my mom raised 4 kids by herself.  She made sure we all went to church with her every Sunday.  Every morning she would read the Bible and "Our Daily Bread" to us.  I grew up in the Word, I knew all the Bible stories, I knew that Jesus died for my sins.  At 8 yrs old, I was baptized in a church that later I found out believed in salvation by baptism.  I was saved, or so I thought.

In high school we started attending an American Baptist church but was always uncomfortable at the altar calls.  I told myself, I'm saved, I know Christ died for my sins, I don't need to go forward.

I got married in 1972 and since my wife was Southern Baptist, we went to her church.  The altar calls there got intense, 10 times through "Just As I Am", and I would find myself hanging on to the pew in front of me.

Then in August of 1985, I let go of the pew.  I don't know what the preacher was saying, I don't know what the song was, I only know that Jesus told me that I had never given my life to him.  I had never accepted His grace.  I had head knowledge but not heart knowledge.  I went forward that morning and gave my life to Christ and later was baptized as a  profession of my faith.

Ten years later my wife left me.  She had drifted so far from God, it got where only my son and I would go to church.  The next couple of years I spent soul searching and figuring out the areas where I went wrong.

Then God brought Ruth into my life.  We definitely are equally yoked.  She has the same desires to know God more, we pray together (my first wife and I were never comfortable doing that) and she knows Christ has to come first over everything.  Ruth and I are very active in our church, it is a very big part of our life.  I know that God does not like divorce, but I also know He forgives and gives us a second chance.
Just a vessel,
Ken

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 12:39:46 PM »

Awesome testimonies of what God can, has and will do.

I know there's more of you out there that want to share. So stand up and testify, brothers and sisters. :applause: :amen: :jesus: