4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What would make you denounce Christ? (comfort zone warning)  (Read 5211 times)

Weak-Link

• You may call me Mr Link
  • Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • I'm not dead
    • View Profile
Re: What would make you denounce Christ? (comfort zone warning)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 07:58:08 PM »

So from whats being said here, are the Christians of the early church crazy? early Christians were covered in tar, hung on poles and lit on fire(alive). Just to light Nero's garden. All this pain and suffering just because they called them selves followers of Christ.

again, were they crazy?

I think the story about the girl at Columbine is awesome. I pray that if my life comes to the same crossroads I would do the same, I pray that everyone here would do the same. I'm not a betting man but if I was, I would bet that her faith touched someone somewhere.

As for my children, I don't have any. I would rather be dead and have them know I stood up for what I believe.

Our Lord our God has a plan for each of us. If I die tomarrow it's his plan. I can not controll the events that happen around me, I can only controll my actions.

Philippians 1:20-21
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

Weak-Link

• I'm not dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »

No, it's not that we're not willing to die for God, it's just a matter of who (the worthless idiot) is pointing the gun to your head or your kids.
Remember, the worthless idiot has no right to judge you...does he?

As a follower of Christ I think everybody as a right to judge me, it's my job to let my faith show through thier jugment.

You aren't caving in to the Lord, just the punk.

How do you know its not a test from God e.i. the book of Job, getting shot in the head is easy compared to what God put Job through.

I don't see it as a lack of faith either. So are you saying you would let him kill you for no reason and the end result is...no father for your kids, and no husband for your wife...just for some stupid aimless punk?

Yes, I would. What if thats God's plan for you. Again we could all die tomarrow. If I die tomarrow I have faith God would take care of my wife and cruiser.

I think I'd witness to him by a couple of questions first to see where he's coming from. I guess you'd just have to be there and find out for yourself. It's a question that really can't be answered due to the varying situations at hand.
Your right.

Hammer Hog

• Pro Spotter
  • Taco Bender
    • View Profile
    • ExtremeWheelers4Christ.org
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 09:36:54 PM »

Well I just got back in from an awesome Wednesday night Bible study. But I've got to admit that most the time I was distracted by this topic. Especially after Susan's quoted scripture in Matthew. I re-read it over a few times and meditated more over the topic. My conclusion is that I would not deny my faith to anyone, not even a crazed punk...ever!
I'm glad to have seen this thought provoking topic...just for the mear fact that it put me back on track...oops, darn human flesh :duh:

God rules...I don't!
www.ExtremeWheelers4Christ.org
www.SandtasticToys.com

Weak-Link

• I'm not dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 10:24:11 PM »

Well I just got back in from an awesome Wednesday night Bible study. But I've got to admit that most the time I was distracted by this topic. Especially after Susan's quoted scripture in Matthew. I re-read it over a few times and meditated more over the topic. My conclusion is that I would not deny my faith to anyone, not even a crazed punk...ever!
I'm glad to have seen this thought provoking topic...just for the mear fact that it put me back on track...oops, darn human flesh :duh:

Oh thank you HH, I was feeling my once a week e-rage coming on  :soapbox:  :sorry:

:hitcomputer:

white wolf

• God is Good,......
  • Seasoned Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 06:18:43 AM »

We need to remember that dieing to ourselves means trusting in God. Letting His will be done may cost us our lives, the only thing that is important is that God is glorified and the work that He is dong here through us goes on. We hold on to this life (we think its everything but its not),  this side of heaven is a very small part of the eternal life we have been promised. I am happy and blessed to see the willingness to stand strong to the end. "I have run the race, I have kept the faith". I wait to hear my Savior say to me, "well done thou good and faithful servant."  :jesus:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:41:44 AM by white wolf »
Pages: 1 [2]