4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What would make you denounce Christ? (comfort zone warning)  (Read 5214 times)

DHONDAGOD

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Rock Jocky
  • Watching my wife wheel makes my head spin....
    • View Profile
What would make you denounce Christ? (comfort zone warning)
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:42:09 PM »

This thought was spawned by a conversation i had with my daughter the other day... How much would you endure before you denounced your belief in Jesus Christ? Would it be seeing your kids or spouse tortured, beheaded, burned, or raped before you? missionary's in different parts of the world have experianced this...

Having your fillings removed with pliers for the gold, being stripped of your jewlery and clothes and marched into a furnace to be burned with others (standing room only) ? WW2 Jews experianced this...

In the end of days Christians will be hunted and persecuted by all mankind for our belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and the Savior for those who believe...

He says He will deny those to His Father who deny Him before mankind... He also says He will not allow us to be tested beyond that which He knows we cannot endure...

So i guess the real question is: How much are we willing to endure for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ?

chris :prayer:

Weak-Link

• You may call me Mr Link
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • I'm not dead
    • View Profile
Re: What would make you denounce Christ? (comfort zone warning)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 11:48:40 PM »

So i guess the real question is: How much are we willing to endure for the sake of our Lord Jesus Christ?

chris :prayer:

As much as God gives us. there is no limit.

Robert

• 4x 4Him Christian Wheeler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 09:00:32 AM »

Wow! It's hard to say what it would take. I would like to think that there is nothing that could be done to me that would make me denounce my Savior, but the truth is that I don't know. The depravity of sinful men aided by the indwelling of the satanic is immeasurable. However, so is the power and might of He who dwells in us.
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

Taxman

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 09:07:02 AM »

Peter denounced Christ 3X in one night, but in the end stood firm to the death.

A friend of mine who is a pastor preached on something similar to this.  The friend is Pastor Leslie Roques of Joy Fellowship Church in Slidell, LA.  She is co-pastor with her husband Larry.

Two weeks before we arrived in Slidell in July, their 5 yr old daughter Abby was molested in the church bathroom during a Wednesday night service.  When we arrived they had just returned from a vacation with Abby to get her away from the reminders.  On Sunday, Leslie preached on what God had taught her.

She said after all the crying and praying about "Where were you God?", God reminded her that He was still here, and that Abby was His and simply on loan to them.  She said she realized that she must be willing to give up Abby to follow Christ and then asked what we would give up.  It was a powerful message that made me really think.
Just a vessel,
Ken

Othr_Brother

• Pro Spotter
  • Child of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 12:35:58 PM »

An important part of Christian theology would have to be thoroughly disproved in order for me to denounce Christianity. None of the major theological points have been disproved, at least not in my mind. Now, people have done numerous things over the centuries in the name of Christianity that might make me denounce Christianity as an organized religion......or at least denounce certain churches at certain periods of history. But these things were done by people. One thing that we, as followers of Christ, can always look to is the actual life of Christ. No matter how often people or churches have screwed up it doesn't mean that Jesus himself screwed up.

GreenDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 02:12:27 PM »

How can anyone possibly know at what point they would break down and denounce Christ, divulge Government  information, or even lie to their spouse.
Every situation is different and the pressures for each situation are never the same  :twocents:
🐉🐉🐉🐉  55 Willy Wagon 🐉🐉🐉🐉
350TBI 700R4 tranny Atlas 4speed
ARB front and rear-Running on 37s.  
   🐉🐉🐉 A/C for a cool ride.🐉🐉🐉

ZuperDave

• God is in Control
    • View Profile
    • 4x 4Him Christian Wheelers
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 08:11:32 AM »

:hummmm:

After pondering on this for a while, I believe there is NOTHING!...... 

I mean, sure outwards I might verbally denounce Christ to save a love one from being tortured, but God knows we as humans are weak and He would know where my heart is. 

I believe that once you have accepted the Lord, it would take an inward change to loose your salvation.  Not an outward statement. 

Othr_Brother

• Pro Spotter
  • Child of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 10:01:50 AM »

I mean, sure outwards I might verbally denounce Christ to save a love one from being tortured, but God knows we as humans are weak and He would know where my heart is.

I agree with this. I could say all I want...."I denounce Jesus" and all the while Jesus is sayin'....'yea right, you've been beggin' for my mercy, grace and forgiveness for umpteen years and now you're gonna denounce me....like you can change what I know is in your heart."

Hammer Hog

• Pro Spotter
  • Taco Bender
    • View Profile
    • ExtremeWheelers4Christ.org
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 12:22:12 PM »

I tend to agree with the last couple of posts.
I know that I would never denounce my faith to our Lord, but when it comes down to save a life, even my own, I'd lie to the idiot that's trying to make me say denounce or die, I'd denounce. Who is he (the idiot) that he should judge my true inner faith with God? He will get his judgment later, so will I, and I know that God knows my heart.

It has always baffled me when the high-school girl at Columbine said yes to some stupid punk that took her life. Her ministry stopped right there. And yes, I do believe her statement of faith lives on and is blessed by lots of people...but still. Those punks had no right to ask that of her and then end her physical life. What would it have mattered anyway from them, they can't judge her, then they killed themselves anyway. So ya, I'd of lied to those worthless low-life punks...Sorry, getting angry just thinking about it >:(

It's a good question.
God rules...I don't!
www.ExtremeWheelers4Christ.org
www.SandtasticToys.com

GreenDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 12:35:35 PM »

I do agree with Dave.
I posted that you could be made to say or do about anything if the right conditions were present, but this does not change who you are or your values.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 12:37:37 PM by WhiteRhino »
🐉🐉🐉🐉  55 Willy Wagon 🐉🐉🐉🐉
350TBI 700R4 tranny Atlas 4speed
ARB front and rear-Running on 37s.  
   🐉🐉🐉 A/C for a cool ride.🐉🐉🐉

Weak-Link

• You may call me Mr Link
  • I'm not dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

So from whats being said here, are the Christians of the early church crazy? early Christians were covered in tar, hung on poles and lit on fire(alive). Just to light Nero's garden. All this pain and suffering just because they called them selves followers of Christ.

To me its pretty sad that Christians nowdays aren't willing to die for God.

Do we not trust in God anymore?

Who's life are we living? ours or Gods?

Do we not believe God has A plan for our lives?

55crawler

• OlllllllO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »

I used to think about this a lot and it always came to if someone was going to kill me on the spot if I told them I believed when asked, what would I do? Seems like if I said no I value my life more than I do Christ.  ???   :prayer:

I agree with the first part of what Dave said, but I don't know if the second part is possible.

I believe that once you have accepted the Lord, it would take an inward change to loose your salvation. Not an outward statement.

I don't think there is a such thing as "losing" your salvation. Paul says in Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." From this I get that if you truly believe in your heart and confess with your mouth you are saved. This means that the only way you could "lose" your salvation is if your faith wasn't genuine and you were never saved at all. There is also evidence in Romans 6 where Paul says that those who believe have died with Christ and will therefore live with him. He goes on to say, "...that Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again", meaning that we can't either; our salvation can't be lost.

Hammer Hog

• Pro Spotter
  • Taco Bender
    • View Profile
    • ExtremeWheelers4Christ.org
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 04:33:36 PM »

So from whats being said here, are the Christians of the early church crazy? early Christians were covered in tar, hung on poles and lit on fire(alive). Just to light Nero's garden. All this pain and suffering just because they called them selves followers of Christ.

To me its pretty sad that Christians nowdays aren't willing to die for God.

Do we not trust in God anymore?

Who's life are we living? ours or Gods?

Do we not believe God has A plan for our lives?

No, it's not that we're not willing to die for God, it's just a matter of who (the worthless idiot) is pointing the gun to your head or your kids.
Remember, the worthless idiot has no right to judge you...does he? You aren't caving in to the Lord, just the punk.
I don't see it as a lack of faith either. So are you saying you would let him kill you for no reason and the end result is...no father for your kids, and no husband for your wife...just for some stupid aimless punk? I think I'd witness to him by a couple of questions first to see where he's coming from. I guess you'd just have to be there and find out for yourself. It's a question that really can't be answered due to the varying situations at hand.

God rules...I don't!
www.ExtremeWheelers4Christ.org
www.SandtasticToys.com

SMIL911

• Currently out of my mind. Please leave a message!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »

Man, I hate having to think outside my comfort zone!!!

In all honesty, I can't say what I would do...    It's not the thought of death that scares the heebee-jeebees out of me, but the thought of how I would die....   Torture and a painful death just holds no appeal to me!!!  And it scares me witless....    Would I denounce Christ???   I would like to say as a Christian, I would hold strong...   But I am human and not as strong as Christ Himself was....     Would I denounce Him if someone had a gun/knife or whatever held to one of my loved ones???   I don't honestly know what I would do....    Hopefully, none of us have to find out.... 

Here are a few verses for thought....
"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.  And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."  I Cor. 10:13

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.  But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven."   Matt. 10:32

"When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."  Luke 12:11-12

Girlie Buggy underconstruction: 
**1 set of custom built axles (Moser nodular 9" centers, big bearing pinions, 60" WMS to WMS, 4:38 gears, Billet yokes, Detroit lockers front and rear, 35-spline Moser inner and outer axles front and rear, Kingpin C's-not ball joint, Tussed housings, 1/2" thick axle tubes, Disc brakes front and rear, Dana 70 spindles and hubs on the rear axle, big bearing hubs, Warn locking hubs, B-built high steer arms
**LT1
**TH350
**40" Iroks & 17" Walker Evans Beadlocks
**16" Rear & 14" Frt Sway-A-Way Shocks (coil overs)
**twisted Customs Narrowed Cruiser Hood
**3-Spd StaK

whYJ-Brewer

• <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))><
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 06:29:10 PM »

My thought:

!) You deny Christ and the guy kills you. 
2) You don't and the guy kills you...

Number 2 is the right thing to do. 

If it involves someone willing to kill, maim, murder, rape, burn, etc. denying Christ is no a way to save you or anyone else.  If it places your soul in jeopardy it's better to die.

My question? Can torture make anyone say anything?

Guns don't kill people... Bad trail spotters do.

Custom spring over
Stretched wheelbase
Ford 8.8 (Moser axles, Mustang Disc brakes, ARB, and 4.56s)
35" KM2s
Custom rear bumper
Pages: [1] 2