4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Author Topic: RHRU 2019 Discussion Thread  (Read 3552 times)

Fresno_LJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RHRU 2019 Discussion Thread
« on: July 03, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »

Please join us for our 12th annual Rock Hopper Round up on August 2nd to 4th. This is a club tradition and began as way to honor and remember one of our founding members Randy "RockHopper" Worley. We would all be honored to have you join us at this family friendly event.

We'll be holding the event at Bald Mountain Base Camp on Rock Creek Road (9S09) and access can be gained from both Dinkey Creek Road and Hwy 168 via Tamarack Snow Park. For those unfamiliar, Bald Base Base Camp is located at 37.124522, -119.174052 and can be accessed on Google Maps with this link: https://goo.gl/maps/1JAeiLGDasEuvn518

A family friendly movie will be shown Saturday night. Please stay tuned for updates as we pick a title.

A signup sheet will be posted here on the forum for t-shirt purchases and a link will be posted on the FB event so check back for updates and be sure to get yours ordered.

There will be a tritip dinner Saturday night and the cost is $11 per person. Signup will be handled the same way as the t-shirts, and must purchased in advance.

Dessert will be potluck style so please be sure to bring something to share with everyone else.   

We ask that you refrain from bringing alcohol at this event.

There will be a Friday night run to Bald Mt. and a few different runs Saturday. Trails are open to all 4x4 vehicles, from stock to extreme. However, trail bosses have the final say on which vehicles are allowed on each run. This is based on trail condition and vehicle condition.

As a member club of Cal4Wheel, we follow their minimum vehicle safety requirements for our club events. The only change is that this is now a self-certification as opposed to the safety inspections of years past. The minimum requirements are listed below.

1. Roll bar or factory installed hard top.
2. Emergency brake, parking brake, line-lock or other redundant braking system.
3. Tow strap or rope (recommend rated at 2 times the vehicle weight).
4. First aid kit.
5. Jack capable of lifting the vehicle & tools to change tire.
6. Spare tire within 3 inches diameter of other tires, or, for tires 37" or larger, run-flats or tools to repair/reinflate tire.
7. Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored.
8. Seat belts for all vehicle occupants.
9. Antennas must be rigid or restrained in a manner to prevent injuries.
10. Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e. tow hooks, receiver, etc. Tow balls are not permitted.
11. Battery hold downs (no bungee cords).
12. Oil Spill Kit

Campfires are allowed but fire permits are required. It is the individual's responsibility to obtain a fire permit, to follow all laws related to campfires, to practice common sense, and to remain informed of any changes or restrictions. We will do our best to communicate changes we learn, as an aide.

For communication prior to the the event and for those travelling up, we'll be using the Deadwood repeater (147.180 + 146.2). For local communication, we'll primarily use 147.500 with 146.500 as a backup. For those without ham radios and/or licenses, CB channel 37 will be monitored as well.

Please drive slow around camp as there will be children playing.  No discharge of firearms of any type will be allowed.  Pets are allowed as long as they are dog and kid friendly. If you cannot maintain control of your pets, please leave them at home.

We hope to see you out there as we remember Randy "RockHopper" Worley and strive to bring honor to Jesus Christ while enjoying the beautiful world he made for us!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:49:03 PM by Fresno_LJ »

Fresno_LJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RHRU 2019 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 02:08:12 AM »

After Monday's meeting, we have the items below settled for RockHopper. The cost for delivering the toilets is too high and we're too close and far along to try a different company. We need somebody to please volunteer to haul the toilets up there this year, by Friday afternoon at the latest. Please let us know if you can help.

• Toilet Paper Purchase:            Mike Herlihy
  • Posting of Signs:                    Jeff Sims
  • Confirmation of Tech Cert.:     Rusty Ryan & Jacob Krogen
  • Toilets:                                                                              

Runs, Leaders, & TailGunners:
  • Bald Night Run:                     Rusty Ryan, Myron Kooiman
  • Red Lake Run:                       Rusty, Myron and/or Nolan & Devyn
  • West & Strawberry Lakes:      Don Laursen, Stan Hernandez

BJeepers

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 10:16:49 AM »

I can take them up if they are not to heavy for my Tacoma
Russ & Loretta Bryant              KI6RDB                                                                                                   2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited                                                      CAL4 Member #2169

Rusty

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 12:37:03 PM »

Are windshields required?

GW Nugget

• Do the best you can with what you have!
    • View Profile
    • I have a blog with my rig.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 06:58:59 PM »

Hey y'all…
Can we make a run to Spanish Lake if it is open?
Is the road still washed out by the lower green gate still?
Would it take longer than Coyotee Lake to complete?
That trail has been on my bucket list for years... never done it yet.
97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift 3" Slinky Intermediate, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:88s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 09:12:16 PM »

For the safety of the ocupants yes, unless its just you.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

BJeepers

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »

Any info on the weight of the toilets? Do I plan on taking them up?
Russ & Loretta Bryant              KI6RDB                                                                                                   2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited                                                      CAL4 Member #2169

Fresno_LJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 05:30:22 PM »

Any info on the weight of the toilets? Do I plan on taking them up?

BJeepers I'm sorry I missed your comments. We actually found someone to haul them up right after posting this but thank you for offering!

Fresno_LJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 05:32:50 PM »

Rusty, according to the Cal4Wheel safety requirements, windshields are not required.

Rev

• JESUS IS MY SPOTTER!
  • Administrator
  • Rock Jocky
  • 559-994-2209
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »

GW I do not think Spanish lake is open.  Red barely opened this last weekend.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalms 40:2

GW Nugget

• Do the best you can with what you have!
    • View Profile
    • I have a blog with my rig.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 02:45:43 AM »

Yeah, Hill Hoppers has it done... just waiting for the paper work or so Ive been told... They just need to open the gate already.
97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift 3" Slinky Intermediate, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:88s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.