4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ROCKHOPPER ROUND-UP

RockHopper Tri-Tip dinner sign ups "HERE" .

Please join us for our July 15th Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: Just moved to Clovis from the central coast  (Read 802 times)

FJBeatty

• View Profile
Just moved to Clovis from the central coast
« on: March 04, 2019, 05:40:23 PM »

I just moved to Clovis and I am excited to be closer to all the trails that I love.  I have 2 boys 9-10 yrs old that I love to take 4wheeling and camping.  I am looking for family oriented like-minded wheelers.  I drive a 96 landcruiser on 35's, locked, and soon to be geared.  I've visited Mojave Desert, Death Valley, panamint mountains, and Inyo mountains, Monanche Medows, sierra national forest trails. I plan to spend a lot of time on the trails in the Shaver Lake area this summer.  I plan to attend the March meeting and get to know some local wheelers.
Romans 13:1-5

ToyotaDon

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
Re: Just moved to Clovis from the central coast
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:25:36 PM »

Welcome to the Central Valley! I'm in Visalia, so don't make the meetings, but hope to see you on the trail sometime.

You have a great rig there; don't let any of these Jeep drivers tell you otherwise.  :D
Donal

Crawl

• Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 07:16:22 AM »

Welcom welcome. You’ve landed your self with an amazing family oriented group. My kids are 10 and 7. I look forward to wheeling with you this year... even if you drive a Toyota 🤦🏻‍♂️ Lol. Biggest recommendation, if you don’t already have a HAM radio license look into the upcoming HAM radio class on our FB page. After wheeling a few times with us you will quickly realize how useful they are. We leave no one behind and have saved many of stranded rigs with our radios.
2008 JKU

FJBeatty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 06:27:51 AM »

I don't do FB, this signing into this forum is an internet breakthrough for me.  I am interested in the HAM radio license, PM me with information about the upcoming class

horseridr

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 09:50:30 PM »

Welcome to the group, lots of good people here even the ones that drive LC's. 2nd on getting Ham license especially if you ever travel alone.

Crawl

• Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 09:06:56 PM »

Greg waters is a great instructor. The next HAM class is 3 class session April 13,20,27 start Tim 08:00. Police science instatute 5133 N Gates Ave Fresno.
2008 JKU

BJeepers

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 10:03:21 AM »

HAHA good for you, I dont do FB ether,you can easily stay informed with this forum  >: ;D
Russ & Loretta Bryant              KI6RDB                                                                                                   2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited                                                      CAL4 Member #2169

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »

I'm another FB NOT, but this forum is very good. Stay tuned....

It's great you found us and we hope to see you at one of our meetings and/or on the trail.
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, 275:1, Diamond axles, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

FJBeatty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 10:00:46 PM »

I will hopefully get to meet some of you
this monday.

FJBeatty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 10:11:41 PM »

A little off topic, but i am in search of some help with my land cruiser,  i need to do some work on the front axle,  i need access to a press for new bushing in the A arms and im putting in new birfields axles.  I am temporarly living in an apartment so i have no place to work on my truck, and I want to be ready for the wheeling season.  If anybody can provide with some assistance or know anyone who can can let me know, thanks, i am in Clovis
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 10:16:42 PM by FJBeatty »

FoxenTec

• Ephesians 5:15 - 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 07:37:54 PM »

Hmmm  We also recently moved from the Central Coast to Clovis.   Finally.......now have another Jeep.  We bought a used 15 JK today.  Looking forward to being back with a 4X4.  Where on the coast were you from?  We came from Orcutt.

Cheers,
Jon
Jon

FoxenTec

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 01:32:37 PM »

Sorry, with work I don't have a bunch of free time to keep up with all the club stuff right now.  I do know your Land Cruiser quite well, I have a few.  Are you planing on replacing your control arm bushings with original bushings or caster correction bushings?  Hope to see you at one of the meetings soon.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

GW Nugget

• Do the best you can with what you have!
    • View Profile
    • I have a blog with my rig.
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 07:22:17 PM »

Welcome...
I don't have a Land Cruiser but I have a Lexus Lx450.... :-\ :P Hope that qualifies with you...

Im not on here much but if you wanted to chat 80 series stuff text me at 5599740145 Gary

97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift 3" Slinky Intermediate, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:88s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.