4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our November 19th Meeting"Details"

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RHRU August, 3-5 2018  (Read 1957 times)

Rev

• JESUS IS MY SPOTTER!
  • Administrator
  • Rock Jocky
  • 559-994-2209
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Facebook
RHRU August, 3-5 2018
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:03:37 PM »

Please join us for our annual Rock Hopper Round up on August 3rd - 5th.

There is room for large camp trailers but the only way in at the moment is from the Tamarack Snow Park side. Due to this last winters storms, Rock Creek Road from the Dinkey Creek side is washed out just past the lower green gate.   This event is open to all and is family friendly.

Saturday nights movie will be "I Can Only Imagine." 

There will be a bounce house for the kids.

We will be selling RockHopper 2018 Tshirts. (must order and pay for shirts by July 16th)

Saturday night triptip will be catered for $10 per person.   (must pre order and pay for dinner by July 30th)

Please provide a dessert to share in the group for the Saturday night dinner.   

Please no alcohol at this event. 

There will be a Friday night run to Bald Mt. and a few different runs Saturday. Trails are open to all 4x4 vehicles from stock all the way to extreme, however depending on vehicle condition trail bosses will have final say if your vehicle is capable for the run or not.

There will be a basic cal4wheel vehicle safety check so please use common sense for vehicle condition. If you need help getting your rig trail ready please let us know and we will see if we can get it ready before you head up the hill.

1. Roll bar or factory installed hard top.
2. Emergency brake, parking brake, line-lock or other redundant braking system.
3. Tow strap or rope (recommend rated at 2 times the vehicle weight).
4. First aid kit.
5. Jack capable of lifting the vehicle & tools to change tire.
6. Spare tire within 3 inches diameter of other tires, or, for tires 37" or larger, run-flats or tools to repair/reinflate tire.
7. Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored.
8. Seat belts for all vehicle occupants.
9. Antennas must be rigid or restrained in a manner to prevent injuries.
10. Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e. tow hooks, receiver, etc. Tow balls are not permitted.
11. Battery hold downs (no bungee cords).

Fires will be allowed this year however you will need a campfire permit.

For the ham radio guys we will be using the repeater up on Deadwood to talk to those coming up.  147.180 + 146.2.  for simplex we will be using the channel that Fresno 4wd club normally uses which is 147.500 and a back up simplex of 146.500.  Cb channel is 37 like always.

Please drive slow around camp as there will be children playing.  No discharge of fire arms of any type allowed in camp due to children.  Pets are allowed as long as they are dog or kid friendly (young kids grabbing, pulling and poking them) please maintain control of them or please don't bring them.

Directions to the Bald Mountain Base Camp.  (where we are camping)
From Highway 99 Take Highway 180 East in Fresno, then Take Hwy 168 East into Shaver Lake area,
Pass shaver lake and continue to the first Snow park on your RIGHT side Tamarack Ridge.
Go to the back of the parking lot and you will find the road continues.
Stay on the main road and watch for signs pointing to Rock Hopper.  I'm not sure of the distance but for some people it can take up to 30 min on Tamarack road with a large travel trailer.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:04:01 PM by Rev »
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalms 40:2

Rusty

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
Re: RHRU 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 09:24:33 AM »

I'm getting a list together for the trail runs at RockHopper this year, so far we have;

Strawberry Lake lead by MoneyMan,  a Tail Gunner still needed.
Brewer Lake lead by Crusier FJ 45, Tail Gunner still needed.
Red Lake If anyone wants to lead this run let me know, if not I will. Rogue41 will Tail Gun.
Friday night run will be lead my MoneyMan and myself.
All input is welcomed! if you want to lead a run or tail gun please post up.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:52:19 PM by Rusty »

Fresno_LJ

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »

Rusty, if the club is good with it and there's still a need, I'd be happy to Tail Gun for either of the two open runs. If I had to pick one, I say Strawberry since I've wheeled with MoneyMan once before, but it doesn't matter to me. I committed to helping Jacob with Safety Inspections but I don't think that will be a conflict. Just let me know what I can do.

Anthony

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 01:53:30 PM »

There will be no conflict with tech inspections, those should be done before any of the runs leave.  Pick your favorite trail and hit it.  I will be tail gunning the Brewer trail because I will be teaching a teen how to drive a stick shift.  This will be the third teen I have taught on that trail.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

RockRanger

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 02:43:25 PM »

I can either lead a run to Red  or if there is enough interest possibly do a run to Coyote or Mirror.  I need to confirm with Tracy first on if we are bringing two rigs or not.  I hope Red isn't a parking lot like it was last year....

GW Nugget

• Do the best you can with what you got!
    • View Profile
    • I have a blog with my rig.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 08:26:07 AM »

What is the time frame in hours difference to run Coyote vs. Swamp Lake in one day? Also in difficulty?
Is Swamp Lake a option to Run?
I did Swamp Lake in 90s & never to Coyote.
97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift OME 850/862+30mm spacer, L shocks, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:10s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.

TACOMA382

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 02:18:26 PM »

i believe swamp to be about 8 hrs. and coyote maybe half that   

GW Nugget

• Do the best you can with what you got!
    • View Profile
    • I have a blog with my rig.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »

Okay, thanks.
97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift OME 850/862+30mm spacer, L shocks, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:10s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 10:26:32 PM »

Swamp is 8 hours if you have a capable rig, no problems and a small enough group.  We have done swamp in years past but that group is always pushing it to make it back in time for dinner.  Rock Ranger can give you a good time frame for Coyote.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

RockRanger

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 06:27:57 AM »

By myself I can go from 168 turn off to Coyote in under 2 hours each way. But I tend to go faster then then most people on the trail. I tried to take a group to Coyote last year and traffic on the trail was the worst I had ever seen.  It took us I think 3.5 hours to go from Sand Flats to Red.  We never made it to Coyote. Swamp would be tough to do for RockHopper.  It would need to be a small group of well built rigs who like to go fast on the trail.

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 07:55:20 AM »

Rusty, if the club is good with it and there's still a need, I'd be happy to Tail Gun for either of the two open runs. If I had to pick one, I say Strawberry since I've wheeled with MoneyMan once before, but it doesn't matter to me. I committed to helping Jacob with Safety Inspections but I don't think that will be a conflict. Just let me know what I can do.

Anthony
Thanks! You are now officially Tail Gunner on Strawberry. Maybe you could get with MoneyMan at our next meeting. Thanks again.

rogue41

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 11:49:34 AM »

I can lead or tail gun Red. Where ever I'm needed. Note: I'll likely go a bit slower than RockRanger ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:53:10 AM by rogue41 »

RockRanger

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »

Note: I'll likely go a bit slower than RockRanger ;)

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
Re: RHRU August, 3-5 2018
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 10:25:06 AM »

i will be a Helper with Sunday trash pickup.
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Rusty

• View Profile
Re: RHRU August, 3-5 2018
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »

If you're interested in helping with any of the Saturday runs please get with me before the July 16 meeting.
Thanks 
Pages: [1] 2