4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our May 21st Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: RHRU 2018  (Read 41 times)

Rev

• JESUS IS MY SPOTTER!
  • Administrator
  • Rock Jocky
  • 559-994-2209
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Facebook
RHRU 2018
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:03:37 PM »

Please join us for our annual Rock Hopper Round up.

Please provide a dessert to share in the group.

There is room for large camp trailers but it is a rough road getting there. This event is open to all and is family friendly.

We will be showing :I Can Only Imagine" Saturday night.  There will be a bounce house for the kids as well.

There will be a Friday night run to Bald Mt. and a few different runs Saturday. Trails are open to all 4x4 vehicles from stock all the way to extreme, however depending on vehicle condition trail bosses will have final say if your vehicle is capable for the run or not.

There will be a basic cal4wheel vehicle safety check so please use common sense for vehicle condition. If you need help getting your rig trail ready please let us know and we will see if we can get it ready before you head up the hill.

1. Roll bar or factory installed hard top.
2. Emergency brake, parking brake, line-lock or other redundant braking system.
3. Tow strap or rope (recommend rated at 2 times the vehicle weight).
4. First aid kit.
5. Jack capable of lifting the vehicle & tools to change tire.
6. Spare tire within 3 inches diameter of other tires, or, for tires 37" or larger, run-flats or tools to repair/reinflate tire.
7. Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored.
8. Seat belts for all vehicle occupants.
9. Antennas must be rigid or restrained in a manner to prevent injuries.
10. Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e. tow hooks, receiver, etc. Tow balls are not permitted.
11. Battery hold downs (no bungee cords).

Fires will be allowed this year however you will need a campfire permit.

For the ham radio guys we will be using the repeater up on Deadwood to talk to those coming up.  147.180 + 146.2.  for simplex we will be using the channel that Fresno 4wd club normally uses which is 147.500 and a back up simplex of 146.500.  Cb channel is 37 like always.

Please drive slow around camp as there will be children playing.  No discharge of fire arms of any type allowed in camp due to children.  Pets are allowed as long as they are dog or kid friendly (young kids grabbing, pulling and poking them) please maintain control of them or please don't bring them.

There are two different ways to get to camp:
From Highway 99 Take Highway 180 East in Fresno, then Take Hwy 168 East into Shaver Lake area,
Take Right on Dinkey Creek Road and go approximately 9.5 miles turning left on Rock Creek Road (9S09).
Go north on Rock Creek Road (9S09) until it comes to a "T" right after a couple of tight curves.
GO LEFT,.....that is Tamarack Rd and will take you to the Base Camp in approx 2 Miles. Look to the left for Campers and "Other Signs" of people.

Those with trailers may find the route from Tamarack Ridge easier:
From Highway 99 Take Highway 180 East in Fresno, then Take Hwy 168 East into Shaver Lake area,
Pass shaver lake and continue to the first Snow park on your RIGHT side Tamarack Ridge.
Go to the back of the parking lot and you will find the road continues.
Stay on the main road and watch for signs pointing to Rock Hopper.  I'm not sure of the distance but for some people it can take up to 30 min on Tamarack road with a large travel trailer.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalms 40:2

GW Nugget

• Do the best you can with what you got!
    • View Profile
    • I have a blog with my rig.
Re: RHRU 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 01:43:35 PM »

When is RHRU this year?
97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift OME 850/862+30mm spacer, L shocks, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:10s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
Re: RHRU 2018
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:29 PM »

Aug 3-5
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.