4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our November 19th Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: Bakersfield 4x4Him youth run  (Read 421 times)

Rev

• JESUS IS MY SPOTTER!
  • Administrator
  • Rock Jocky
  • 559-994-2209
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Facebook
Bakersfield 4x4Him youth run
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:09:17 PM »

Jan 27th 2018 LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS! 
to take a group off roading out of Keyesville and up Rocky Gorge/ Tombstone in your 4x4, then back down for a BBQ lunch.  As many of you know we help out a local Church on Baker St called House of Ruth.  Each year we go down and help them feed some of the homeless folks in their community.  This last Thanksgiving the Lord put it on our hearts to invite the Pastor and some of his folks for a fun day of four wheeling and fellowship.  They really do a good work down there and I would love to get them out for some good old fashioned R&R!  Well when I mentioned it to Pastor Deonne, he was excited!  He mentioned to me that many of the young people had never been to the mountains or on a trip like this and he thought it would be a eye opening experience!  Well the excitement soon spread and we ended up with a group of about 40 people ranging from age 8 up through teens and adults too!  I'm hoping for a minimum of at least 10 rigs who are willing and capable to run the trail, provide rides and spend a little time with them.  The trail is moderate but if it gets wet may be a little more challenging.  We would also love a few folks willing to stay at the staging area and do some light BBQ.  And if your able food donations would also be appreciated, as well as prayers for the fellowship and weather!  Were keeping it simple, hot dogs, buns, chips and soda's/ water, along with the usual condiments.  If you would like to go but arent't sure how you'll do on the trail, contact me, we most likely will go up the weekend prior and pre run the trail to make sure it's ok.  Also the video here is from a few years back of the trail were running, you can tell it's older as all of the rigs in the video no longer look like this. lol.  I will post an event so If your interested in helping out please post your intentions on the event page so we can keep track of who we have.  Lets start this year off with a Bang! hope to see you there! james
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalms 40:2