4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our July 16th Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: Ham Radio Antenna Considerations for 4x4 Off Road Vehicles  (Read 326 times)

K6TLR

• Pro Spotter
  • Shivers @ 2mph
    • View Profile
    • My Off Road Radio
Ham Radio Antenna Considerations for 4x4 Off Road Vehicles
« on: December 14, 2017, 03:46:39 PM »

Hey all,

I just published a new article on my website about Ham Antenna Considerations for 4x4 Rigs... It is written in laymans terms and not in electrical terms (I have to say that now after someone got on my case about some of the terminology... apparently he wanted me to go into explaining how changing capacitance of an antenna effects your signal, and how to calculate capacitance over a metal surface area. He also wanted me to explain, in the article, in detail, how RF bonds to, and effects your vehicle. So, if you want to know those things, send me a PM or an email and I can explain them. Otherwise, I am keeping the article much easier to understand for the average person lol).

I also put out an article on 100$ or less christmas gifts for the off road adventurer. As well as an article on 4x4 Recovery Basics that covers things like GVW, Kinetic vs Static pulls, working load vs breaking strength, recovery points, etc. It has been surprising to me at how little people know about kinetic vs static pulls  :(

Let me know if you have any questions on the ham antennas! I love talking antennas and mobile setups <3

https://myoffroadradio.com/index.php/2017/12/10/ham-radio-vehicle-antennas/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:44:29 AM by monyman »
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome. If you're not having fun, it's not worth doing.