4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our November 20th Club Meeting "Details"

Author Topic: My Online Ham Radio Class Project is LIVE!!!  (Read 174 times)

K6TLR

• Pro Spotter
  • Shivers @ 2mph
    • View Profile
    • My Off Road Radio
My Online Ham Radio Class Project is LIVE!!!
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:06:05 AM »

Hey everyone!!! I have some exciting news!

MyOffRoadRadio.com is up and operational. I have been working on this project as a hobby over the past couple of months. The website consists of some useful features, (and will be adding more as time goes on).

- Online Ham Radio Technician License Class (15% of the registration fee can go towards one of M.O.R.R.'s partners)
- OHV Trail Maps (I will be adding Red Mt. and Bald Mt. areas after my run with MonyMan at the end of this month)
- Hiking Trail Maps (I have a database of 1100 waterfall hikes that I am working on uploading)
- Radio Reviews (in the works)
- GPS Locator Map Apps Reviews (in the works)
- Community Forum Boards
- Retail Shop (will have radio accessories (handheld antennae, mag mount antennae, programming cables), recovery and safety gear (Straps, snatch blocks, shackles, useful first aid kits), and a tire inflation/deflation manifold system that I have created) (Still working on suppliers and adding things on there)
- And one of my favorites... over the internet radio programming. If you have a ham radio, I have worked out how to get it programmed with you at your house, and me at the office. With the programming, I also include a reference booklet so you know which memory, in your radio, all of the repeaters are, and where, geographically they are.

I would like to setup a permanent coupon code for 4x4 Him that would get members 30% off of the class. If there is enough interest (even 1 person) from the club that would like to get their ham license, but may not have the time available to go to a ham cram class over 1 or 2 weekends, let me know on here and I will make the coupon code. Otherwise, stop by and check out the website and what all is going on.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:07:36 AM by K6TLR »
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome. If you're not having fun, it's not worth doing.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
Re: My Online Ham Radio Class Project is LIVE!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:17:20 PM »

Just signed up for your news letter.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

ArmyofMike

• Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 09:44:09 PM »

Uhhhhh, This is awesome! I've been needing to get my Ham License completed, but my weekends are always too booked for training workshops. Now I can do it online! Yes Please! I will be signing up soon.

Once we take the course, I would need to find a local testing date/location for the Ham Tech License? How much is the licensing test?

Thank you and signed up for the newsletter!
Mike
Romans 12:12 -Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

RockRanger

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 02:09:03 PM »

When I took my test it was 15 bucks.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 03:04:41 PM »

$15 is the charge that the FCC charges, he is offering a personal tutorial of sorts.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

K6TLR

• Pro Spotter
  • Shivers @ 2mph
    • View Profile
    • My Off Road Radio
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 03:27:50 PM »

Uhhhhh, This is awesome! I've been needing to get my Ham License completed, but my weekends are always too booked for training workshops. Now I can do it online! Yes Please! I will be signing up soon.

Once we take the course, I would need to find a local testing date/location for the Ham Tech License? How much is the licensing test?

Thank you and signed up for the newsletter!
Mike

Nice! I setup the coupon code for 4x4 Him members. Upon checkout, when prompted, put in "4X4HIM".

Awesome on the newsletters! Ill get those up and running here soon. Im trying to get all the trail maps up first, then ill start crackin out the newsletters either once a month or once every 2 weeks. For now, im just putting out updates on the forums about things as they happen.

FCC license fee is 15$. If you go to myoffroadradio.com and then to ham radio > testing tips, there is a button at the top of that page that will take you to the arrl testing location search page. Just put in your zip code.

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 08:02:37 PM »

Thats a great site! I'm all signed up!   ;D

K6TLR

• Pro Spotter
  • Shivers @ 2mph
    • View Profile
    • My Off Road Radio
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 08:34:52 PM »

Interesting. Did you sign up for the newsletter or the class? Or just the website in general?

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 04:44:38 PM »

This is an awesome service and one I'm certain will be helpful to many. You go dude....
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »

Interesting. Did you sign up for the newsletter or the class? Or just the website in general?

Both

ArmyofMike

• Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 01:48:01 PM »

Are you OK, If I post a link to your online Ham classes on other overland, off road websites? This will be WITHOUT the 4x4Him discount information.

I know there are a lot of people who are interested in getting their licenses, but don't have time.

Thanks
Mike
Romans 12:12 -Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

K6TLR

• Pro Spotter
  • Shivers @ 2mph
    • View Profile
    • My Off Road Radio
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 07:42:15 PM »

Are you OK, If I post a link to your online Ham classes on other overland, off road websites? This will be WITHOUT the 4x4Him discount information.

I know there are a lot of people who are interested in getting their licenses, but don't have time.

Thanks
Mike

Absolutely! Go for it! I am in the process of adding audio to the class so that, if people wanted, they could listen to the class like a podcast. Once I get that up and running, I will post another update here. For now, go ahead and post up on the overland places. Those guys definitely should all have ham licenses. We need it for breakages, they need it for safety lol

Thanks for spreading the word!

ArmyofMike

• Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 07:19:27 AM »

ON it!