4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our November 20th Club Meeting "Details"

Author Topic: Wheeling Oct 28 and 29 2017  (Read 105 times)

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
Wheeling Oct 28 and 29 2017
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:02:46 PM »

My son and I are going wheeling October 28 - 29 and invite you to join us. Tyler wants to do Mirror Lake and I'm thinking of Coyote Lake, too. The itinerary and details aren't settled, but the idea is. (Last year we were rained on, but ended up staying in a Shaver motel.) Chime in with your ideas and let's go.
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

K6TLR

• Pro Spotter
  • Shivers @ 2mph
    • View Profile
    • My Off Road Radio
Re: Wheeling Oct 28 and 29 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »

This sounds awesome!!! I wanna go!  ;D ;D ;D
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome. If you're not having fun, it's not worth doing.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »

Tyler and I met at Sand Flats Friday evening and spent the night. It was clear and very cool, but Saturday broke sunny and warm. We had a very relaxed start and decided to go to Strawberry Lake for lunch then on to Mirror where we'd spend the night. Before we got to the Mirror turn off we came upon a 5' downed tree blocking the trail. It had been down a little while and you could see where people had started a large, new go around. We decided to cut it and open the regular trail. Fortunately, the tree had fallen because it was rotten and in 3 hours we drove through. We ended up staying at Strawberry Lake with only one other camper. Sunday it was Mirror Lake and the hill is as nasty as ever. On the way in we met a buggy going out, but otherwise had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed lunch in the sun and several backgammon games. Matt, we didn't have fishing gear, but saw several nice fish and thought of you.

Coming out of Mirror is always an adventure. Tyler never missed a lick and walked right out. Maybe it was the good spotting? Dad smooshed his mirror on "the tree" and had to re-position several times, but it was generally uneventful. We decided to go see Red Lake and made the trip in 50 minutes. The rock garden area is pretty tore up. Then it was back to pizza in Shaver and on home. It was a nice time to be out, with few other wheelers and nice weather. We'll have to do it again....
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

RockRanger

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »

Wish I could have made it.  I haven't been wheeling nearly as much as I would have liked this year. Hopefully next year I will get more trips in.