4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please join us RockHopper Round Up Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our August 21st Club Meeting "Details"

Author Topic: CPR / Chainsaw Class  (Read 90 times)

Rusty

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
CPR / Chainsaw Class
« on: July 13, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »

I received this from Mike, hope some of you are able to attend. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Mike needs to know ASAP.

I just spoke to Meredith Hollowell. She gave me permission to put on a First Aid/CPR Class on Saturday, July 22nd. She also expressed that we need to get at least 20 students for the class for me to instruct another one. The location of this class will be Prather. The time will be from 8:00am to roughly 4:30pm.
                For Chainsaw Certification/Recertification push for your folks to attend Saturday and Sunday, July 29 and 30. This will be with the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest. A located has not been selected yet. We will pick a location that benefits the most individuals once we see who signs up. For those needing recertification only we should be able to get this completed in one day on Saturday but all are encouraged to spend both days. Please bring all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as well as a chainsaw and associated gear (gas, bar oil, wedges, axe, etc).
                The Stewards of the Sierra National Forest will have two to three candidates that the Forest Service, through me,  will mentor into full instructor status so this group can work within themselves for Chainsaw Certification.
                Please make a strong push to help get your people in these two sessions to be held during the third and fourth weekends of July.
                There will also be some opportunity to work in some other Chainsaw Certification in association with Trail Opening. These times and dates could be more “hit and miss” depending on our Restoration Projects and when the snow will allow us to get into Brewer and Red Lake areas.
                Lastly, please think ahead on some dates in the fall and the following spring that we can pick in advance for both First Aid/CPR and Chainsaw Certification. Be prepared to talk about these dates at the next Adopt A Trail Meeting.

Michael Nolen
(Interim) Off Highway Vehicle and Over Snow Vehicle Programs
High Sierra Ranger District
Sierra National Forest
(W) 559-855-5355 Ext. 3325
(Cellular) 559-908-5015
FAX 559-855-5375
E-mail: mknolen@fs.fed.us
cid:image001.jpg@01D2DB9F.1571ACA0

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.

RockRanger

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
Re: CPR / Chainsaw Class
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »

To bad my CPR is expired.  I can't make the CPR but could make the chainsaw class.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 07:20:41 AM »

I would love to take the first aid class but I already committed to Myron's church car show.  Kind of a bummer they give us 1 week notice.  Most people already have their weekends planed out for the summer.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 01:08:40 PM »

To bad my CPR is expired.  I can't make the CPR but could make the chainsaw class.
I will find out for sure Wednesday,  but I believe Mike was going to let you take the saw class first, just not issue you a card until you did a CPR class.