4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SEATS NEEDED FOR VTR BALD RUN Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our October 16th Club Meeting "Details"

Author Topic: Rock Hopper Round Up August 4-6 2017  (Read 702 times)

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
Rock Hopper Round Up August 4-6 2017
« on: July 05, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »

Please join us for our annual Rock Hopper Round up. We will be group camping at the Bald Mt. base camp. There will be a catered tri-tip BBQ Saturday night. Please go HERE and give us a head count for dinner.  Cost will be $10 per plate.  Please provide a dessert to share in the group. There is room for large camp trailers but it is a rough road getting there. This event is open to all and is family friendly.

We will be showing kid/family friendly movies Friday and Saturday night.  There will be a bounce house for the kids as well.

There will be a Friday night run to Bald Mt. and a few different runs Saturday. Trails are open to all 4x4 vehicles from stock all the way to extreme, however depending on vehicle condition trail bosses will have final say if your vehicle is capable for the run or not. There will be a basic cal4wheel vehicle safety check so please use common sense for vehicle condition. If you need help getting your rig trail ready please let us know and we will see if we can get it ready before you head up the hill.

Fires will be allowed this year however you will need a campfire permit.

For the ham radio guys we will be using the repeater up on Deadwood to talk to those coming up.  147.180 + 146.2.  for simplex we will be using the channel that Fresno 4wd club normally uses which is 147.500 and a back up simplex of 146.500.  Cb channel is 37 like always.

Please drive slow around camp as there will be children playing.  No discharge of fire arms of any type allowed in camp due to children.  Pets are allowed as long as they are dog or kid friendly (young kids grabbing, pulling and poking them) please maintain control of them or please don't bring them.

There are two different ways to get to camp:
From Highway 99 Take Highway 180 East in Fresno, then Take Hwy 168 East into Shaver Lake area,
Take Right on Dinkey Creek Road and go approximately 9.5 miles turning left on Rock Creek Road (9S09).
Go north on Rock Creek Road (9S09) until it comes to a "T" right after a couple of tight curves.
GO LEFT,.....that is Tamarack Rd and will take you to the Base Camp in approx 2 Miles. Look to the left for Campers and "Other Signs" of people.

Those with trailers may find the route from Tamarack Ridge easier:
From Highway 99 Take Highway 180 East in Fresno, then Take Hwy 168 East into Shaver Lake area,
Pass shaver lake and continue to the first Snow park on your RIGHT side Tamarack Ridge.
Go to the back of the parking lot and you will find the road continues.
Stay on the main road and watch for signs pointing to Rock Hopper.  I'm not sure of the distance but for some people it can take up to 30 min on Tamarack road with a large travel trailer.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:43:55 PM by cruiserfj45 »
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Hopper Round Up August 4-6 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:37:15 PM »

1. Roll bar or factory installed hard top.
2. Emergency brake, parking brake, line-lock or other redundant braking system.
3. Tow strap or rope (recommend rated at 2 times the vehicle weight).
4. First aid kit.
5. Jack capable of lifting the vehicle & tools to change tire.
6. Spare tire within 3 inches diameter of other tires, or, for tires 37" or larger, run-flats or tools to repair/reinflate tire.
7. Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored.
8. Seat belts for all vehicle occupants.
9. Antennas must be rigid or restrained in a manner to prevent injuries.
10. Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e. tow hooks, receiver, etc. Tow balls are not permitted.
11. Battery hold downs (no bungee cords).
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 01:21:39 PM »

Myself and Monyman will be putting together our annual Friday night run again this year. Please be cleared by Tech and inline by 1930 and we will leave Base-camp at 2000 SHARP
to watch the sunset from the tower.

Saturday morning I will lead a group into Red Lake, you will need to be inline at 0830 and we will leave 0900 SHARP, bring your lunch as we will be eating at the lake.
How much time we have there depends on how fast we can move on the trail. We will need to depart the lake by 1300 to be back for dinner.

I believe Monyman posted on another thread that I started that he will be taking a group to Strawberry Lake, this is a really nice run  that fills the gap between easy Brewer Lake and moderate+ Red Lake.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:33:13 AM by monyman »

GW Nugget

• Do the best you can with what you got!
    • View Profile
    • I have a blog with my rig.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 08:34:24 AM »

Awesome, I'm looking forward to wheelin & hanging out with "G" rated folks... haha.
97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift OME 850/862+30mm spacer, L shocks, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:10s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »

I have to work Friday so I won't be doing the night run, but I'm hoping to make it up Saturday and Sunday.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
Strawberry Lake excursion
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 08:42:10 AM »

Saturday morning I will lead a group into Strawberry Lake. You will need to be in line, having passed inspection, at 0900 and we will leave at 0930 SHARP. Bring your lunch as we will be eating at the Lake. How much time we have there depends on how fast we can move on the trail. We plan to depart the lake by 1330 to be back for dinner.

Strawberry Lake is very pretty and is suitable, though challenging, for stock vehicles (and drivers) of all types. Please make sure your vehicle has its maintenance issues fixed, if possible. It will be an enjoyable trip. :)
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 06:54:29 AM »

Everyone, there are plenty of mosquitoes at the lakes this year. So please bring PLENTY of repellent.

RockRanger

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 05:24:09 AM »

I plan to lead a group into Coyote Lake on Saturday. If for some reason it is still closed we will do Mirror Lake.  Line up at 7:30 am and leave at 8am sharp.  Due to the difficulty of the trail Lockers and 35" tires are highly recommended. I would like to cap the group to around 8 rigs so we can make it the lake and back to camp in time for dinner.

bvilla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 06:17:13 PM »

Do we need to reserve a site for camping? First time going so I'm not sure how it all works.

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 09:18:58 AM »

Do we need to reserve a site for camping? First time going so I'm not sure how it all works.
No, just show up and camp where you want. There's plenty of good spots. :)

K6TLR

• Pro Spotter
  • Shivers @ 2mph
    • View Profile
    • My Off Road Radio
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »

This makes me so sad :( This sounds like such a great time filled with lots of great people, and wheeling! Unfortunately, this weekend falls on the 2nd biggest event for me of the year, so I will not be able to make it. Have a great weekend everyone!

If anyone would be down to do a middle of the week couple days of wheeling in August or Sept... I would love to come down for a Tues-Thurs kind of thing.
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome. If you're not having fun, it's not worth doing.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »

If anyone would be down to do a middle of the week couple days of wheeling in August or Sept... I would love to come down for a Tues-Thurs kind of thing.

There's always: http://www.4x4him.com/index.php?topic=8036.0
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »

I am already getting wound up for RockHopper this year! Hope everyone else is too. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

suzuh

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Rock Jocky
  • Child of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 03:36:07 PM »

I was hoping to make it this year but my Jeep is having technical difficult  at this point I was hoping I still had my Sami you guys have a good time.

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 06:52:32 AM »

I was hoping to make it this year but my Jeep is having technical difficult  at this point I was hoping I still had my Sami you guys have a good time.
You should come up with one of your buddy's and still join us Gabriel. Always a pleasure to wheel with you.