4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our March 18th Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: March Club Meeting Devotion  (Read 1311 times)

Rev

• JESUS IS MY SPOTTER!
  • Administrator
  • Rock Jocky
  • 559-994-2209
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Facebook
March Club Meeting Devotion
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:40:04 PM »

A quick devotion:

Psalms 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
    and he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
    out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
    and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
    They will put their trust in the Lord.

This last year I decided to try to take my cruiser through a small stream with a sand bottom.  Before I knew it I was stuck in a sand pit.  I learned a few things that day and wanted to show in a quick simple devotion this morning.  I read this scripture and it felt similar to my situation lol.

When we feel stuck in life at times we have a tendency to try and get ourselves out without asking for help.  Or we ask for help from the wrong people.  Believe it or not many people drove past me this day and never offered to help or told me they were to busy to help pull me out.  (I was only 3 feet off the road) .  So I did what we all try to do. 

1. I told myself that I have gotten out of similar situations in the past without help so why start now.  I didn't want to admit that this sand pit was bigger, stronger, and deeper than my abilities.  I was embarrassed and prideful and did not want to ask for help.

2.  I did eventually ask for help.  But I asked the wrong person to help me.  I called my 18 year old daughter to bring me a shovel from the house so I could dig myself out.  I also asked for the wrong kind of help.  I used that shovel and dug myself into a deeper hole.  So now the sand pit I was stuck in was bigger, wider, deeper, and harder to get out of. 

3  So what did I do?  I took a moment and prayed.  The Lord told that he had surrounded me with people in my life that were able to help me if I was willing to humble myself and ask for help.  I learned once again that we should always stop and ask the Lord what we should do when we get stuck in life.  No matter the size of the sandpit that we are in. 

4.  I ended up calling Jacob and he sent a very pregnant Jacqui who delivered that same night  (you're welcome btw) and Tony. It was such relief to see Jacqui and Tony coming towards me in the distance and together they helped pull me out. 

In life we need to learn to ask the Lord for help

In life we need to learn that only He can put our feet back on the solid ground.

In life we need to learn that the Lord has placed our fellow brothers and sisters around us and to ask for help when in need.

In life we need to learn that just being grateful is not the same as giving thanks to the Lord. 

In life we need to learn that others will put their trust in Him if we show that we put our complete trust in Him.       

Today do you feel like your life is stuck in a pit?

If so, please remember you are not alone and that the Lord loves you and know you better than anyone else. 

God has placed the right people with the right tools to help you get out of your pit. 

If you feel like giving up at this time, then I ask what is the Lord saying to you at this moment, and now what are you going to do about what He is telling you.  Time to get out of your pit.   

BTW if you look at my picture of my stuck rig.  It was worse than it looks and it took God, friends, a cruiser and a Jeep to pull me out. 
Dont worry about how your situation looks or what people might say, just get out of that pit of despair. 

Have a blessed day everyone
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalms 40:2

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
Re: March Club Meeting Devotion
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 08:04:47 AM »

I appreciated this last night. It was short, sweet and quite powerful with its references to 4wd and our Lord. Thanks Rev!
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Howard The Duck

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Rock Jocky
  • 4x4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »

Blessings
Thank-You.
stay in His clutch

ToyotaDon

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »

Thanks for sharing that, Jeff.

I'm not necessarily in a pit of despair, but right now I'm feeling a lot of responsibilities with work, family, & activities I choose to do.  For some of these, I have other people to lean on, but others seem to be all on me.

I'm thankful that my Father knows the way ahead, and will provide strength for each trial.
Donal

Tony

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »

Very nice Rev, thank you for sharing this.