4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our November 19th Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: Wilderness maps change possibily closing Bald Mtn and surrounding trails  (Read 1903 times)

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile

ATTENTION....IMPORTANT...PLEASE FORWARD...PLEASE READ.... The comment period for the draft environmental impact statement (EIS) and draft forest plans for the Inyo, Sequoia and Sierra National Forests closes August 25, 2016.

We have attended meetings and have called the National Forest. We have confirmed that IF these maps are approved our OHV trails will be impacted once they are included within the "Wilderness" boundaries!!!!..

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Comment by 8/25/16:...
https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/Public//CommentInput

There are (3) maps with "land being evaluated for their inclusion in the National Wilerness Preservation System".. This has the potental to impact many OHV Trails including, but by far not limited to: Map Evaluation A: Star Lakes, 22E203, 22E01; Iron Lakes, 22E204; Iron Mtn. 23E06. Map Evaluation B: Mirror Lake OHV 26E216; Strawberry Lake, 26E214; West Lake, 26E215, Red Lake 26E212; Coyote Lake, 26E213; Brewer Lake, 26E218. Map Evaluation C: Swamp Lake, 26E220. BALD MOUNTAIN: EVERY TRAIL from Glen Meadow to Lower Green Gate to the Tower To Upper Green Gate including Base Camp.

Unless you want to see more gates closing us off and all our OHV Trails taken away, Please comment before 8/25/16. Once this happens, you cannot cry about not knowing, so do something now!!

The draft EIS and draft forest plans are available on-line at the Forest Plan Revision project website: http://tinyurl.com/r5earlyadopters

2016 MVUM is now online:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sierra/maps-pubs/

For more information please contact the Planning Team Leader, 707-562-9121.

Sincerely,

Mike McGarity

President, Clovis Independent 4 Wheelers  O[[[[[O

www.clovis4x4.com

PO Box 764, Clovis, CA 93613
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

Tony

• View Profile

Was going to leave a comment on the website you posted Jacob, but it keeps giving me an error message on the USFS website. I'll call the number tomorrow if I have to.

cruiserfj45

• 4X4Him
    • View Profile
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile

Is this any different?

https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/Public/CommentInput?Project=3375

Yes it is different and works as designed. Thanks Jacob.

I just completed posting a comment and encourage others to do so on or before 8/25!
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

RockRanger

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile

Done.

TACOMA382

• View Profile

gave them my 2 cents yesterday i didn't seen anything in the maps they submitted that was going to take any of the  ohv like bald, coyote, red, mirror and so on.... the spot that stood out to me was north of tamarack snow park across the river to the red mountain dirt road anyways i just glanced through did anyone else notice any key areas.   

cruiserfj45

• 4X4Him
    • View Profile

There are a few different maps. Its very confusing and that's the way they like to keep it.

TACOMA382

• View Profile

ya i noticed that i just got the update from clovis 4x4 and they had maps that had all the ohv trails in purple what up with the maps well hopefully the sierra national forest guys will fight to help us keep the trails. or they mite as well close there ohv program and fire there employees because there be no ohv trails and well have to change the website to walking4him.com haha