4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Author Topic: Hey all, I might be going to Bald Mtn this weekend Sat May 14th  (Read 1865 times)

GW Nugget

• Do the best you can with what you have!
    • View Profile
    • I have a blog with my rig.

Hey all, even though there is two poker runs going on... I might be just going to go to Bald Mtn. Maybe, plans change by the minute at my house.
Kind of a long story...
I just was wondering if someone is headed up there also.

Gary
97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift 3" Slinky Intermediate, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:88s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
Re: Hey all, I might be going to Bald Mtn this weekend Sat May 14th
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:01:48 PM »

If I'm not mistaken bald mt is closed right now until it drys out.  With the wet ground too many high school kids would go up there and make huge ruts and tear up the trail.  To prevent this and keep the sierra club off our backs the forest service closes the trail until it dries up some.  Rusty may know better right now. 
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

GW Nugget

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 02:40:13 PM »

Wow ok, well I thought it was a year round trail.
Is there still snow up there then?

Jacob, is there a way to recieve alerts to reply to email?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:42:04 PM by GW Nugget »
97 Lx450 Daily Driver with 4" lift 3" Slinky Intermediate, 1" body lift, 37"s, 4:88s & MC Tgears... I can't remeber the rest.

ArmyofMike

• Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 04:16:07 PM »

I just got off the phone with the Prather Ranger Station-Bald Mt. opens again on May 30th after it dries out a bit.

I was camping near Dinkey Creek (Proper) and McKinley Grove Road two weekends ago and it is still wet and snowy in spots, if you can belive it. They want it to dry before everyone heads back up!

Good thing I have a camping trip planned for the first weekend in June and can go on Bald then! :)
Romans 12:12 -Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

GW Nugget

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 07:41:38 PM »

I just got off the phone with the Prather Ranger Station-Bald Mt. opens again on May 30th after it dries out a bit.

I was camping near Dinkey Creek (Proper) and McKinley Grove Road two weekends ago and it is still wet and snowy in spots, if you can belive it. They want it to dry before everyone heads back up!

Good thing I have a camping trip planned for the first weekend in June and can go on Bald then! :)
Thanks, I was going to call but looks like you did that for me.
Thanks

May 30th bummer.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 10:27:51 PM »

I know it's a bummer but some people just don't get the tread lightly and then trails get shut down permanently.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.