4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our March 18th Meeting"Details"

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A New Home for our forum!  (Read 4375 times)

BigMike

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Rock Jocky
  • Focus on your purpose, or focus on your problems
    • View Profile
    • Marlin Crawler Online Forum
Re: A New Home for our forum!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »

I'm looking into the smiley set issue at the moment. I see on the digitalhand version smileys were not showing up either. I also looked at the database from the digitalhand version and sure enough there are only 21 stored smileys there. (There should be 192 as we have 192 smiley image files present on the server. On our MC forum we have 263.)

So we have all the smiley image files, they all look great, but I will need to rebuild the order and also code (such as :afro: might have been the code used for the afro smiley) which sucks because I don't remember how they were originally ordered.

I will give Wade a call. If I can just get a copy of _any_ old database file then I can insert only the smiley info into our new DB and they will all instantly appear.

RockRanger,
Check your PM. Yours was the only PM created since all the way back to last Monday (Aug 24). I inserted it into the new DB show it should show up in your PM list now :)

Regards,
BigMike
"Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. With His

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 09:20:11 AM »

Admins had access to "individual posts". Could you elaborate on this? What do you mean?

When signed in, I have a Modify button on the right of my posted items allowing me to modify my previous posts. I used to also have the Modify button on everyone's posts which I used occasionally to adjust things like spellings in the historical minutes, etc.
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 09:22:11 AM »

Hey, my avatar works!

Yes, you and cruiserfj45 seem to have yours! I'm still rooting for Mike to magically make them all appear. :)
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

futcomker

• Administrator
  • Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
    • Digital Hand
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:10 AM »

Whoot whoot! Thanks BigMike!

What I gave you on the USB stick is all that was "uploaded" to an ftp folder where I downloaded them. It was a task getting as much data as I did. I actually created a PHP code file, and well.. since getting data out of the the broken forum was slow. I kind of forced myself into grabbing the mysql data by obtaining the password from the config file (security flaw in my opinion) then creating a PHP file and downloading it via manual code by force. Aka, anyone with ftp access to the public_html folder (or the root folder) can view this. In my personal server I would always place this in a local directory and import via PHP by doing a 'require_once('/home/user/secret_config_file.php');' This would prevent this from happening since no-one would be able to read the users folder.

The previous forum software was corrupted in many places. When Wade would upload data it was always missing pieces. So I think this was due to the broken software, hence forcing myself via PHP. As far as the attachments, that was also uploaded into an ftp folder where I simply downloaded and re-uploaded to my server.

The process took a while, and i started a new job and moved. So while I had time, I was not able to finish due to various delays. I am glad you nailed it, and yea the emoji's were never complete.

I also had to do some reconstruction in the database and manual inserting (due to version difference and not having full access to the server). So it's much nicer to get a SQL INSERT that hopefully worked without tinkering much due to the same version transfer.

Let me know if you have any questions, i noticed GoDaddy confirmed that you had access to my server? Let me know if you don't and if you need it. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeshernandez

"Support open-source, support innovation." - Futcomker

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 08:41:04 PM »

This looks great Big Mike! Thanks to you, Marlin and all the others that helped!

Tokyo Taco

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »

Aloha Big MIKE

All those years of U locking Urself in Ur room & playing
on Ur computer has really paid off ! !   😃

A BIG "Thank U" , to U & the folks for all Ur help & support
for the club !  👍

Some of my very best friends drive Jeeps.   Just like our Lord , I forgive them.

BigMike

• Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 07:25:06 PM »

Sorry I've been away for too long and sorry I'll be missing another club meeting -- I'm in San Jose until Friday and then L.A. until Sunday :(

I've lurked a bit from time and time and have fixed the text overlapping issue that used to appear at the footer/bottom of the page, removed the SMF logo at top-right, fixed a CSS alignment issue with the top banner image, and also added .htaccess mod rewrite code to redirect any old /Forum/ URLs to the new root URL.

To explain the last part, the forum used to be located at http://www.4x4him.com/Forum/index.php. So if you try to access http://www.4x4him.com/Forum/index.php?topic=7827 -- which would have been the previous URL to view this thread -- it will now automatically redirect you to http://www.4x4him.com/index.php?topic=7827 rather than throwing a 404 page not found error. This will resolve any old bookmarks anyone or any search engine had for the forum.

Speaking about 404 errors, I also made a quick & dirty 404 error handling page. :D You can see if by trying to access non existent files, like this one: http://www.4x4him.com/BigMikeIsCool.php I see there is a PrettyURL mod installed so soft errors are handled by the forum (for example http://www.4x4him.com/blahblah will redirect to root) but at least actual 404 errors (for specific files that literally don't exist such as http://www.4x4him.com/this-picture-does-not-exist.jpg) have an actual error page.

Regarding smilies, it was mentioned to use the ones from the Marlin Crawler forum. Not a problem at all but a serious issue is going to be that we have our own BBC codes setup for all our smilies which may or may not be the same as what you guys had. To do it right we really need a forum backup of any time of the history of this forum after all your nice smilies were installed. So for example a backup oh say within the last 2 or 3 yrs I'm sure would have the smiley code that everyone is familiar with in it.

Short of that we can do a simple database table update using the code from our Marlin Crawler forum. No trouble with that at all. But whereas we have code for say
Code: [Select]
:rofl:that might have been the smiley you guys used for the code
Code: [Select]
:lol:
Sorry I'm not a regular enough to know what all your codes were. This also means that any existing smiley code in any existing thread will either display as Marlin has his smiley code or if the 4X 4HIM code was different then a smiley won't display at all (short of someone editing and updating the post).

Sorry, not trying to complicate it, just want to point out that smiley code may or may not be the same across the two forums. At any rate, as mentioned it's a pretty simple process so we could install all the Marlin Crawler smilies and smiley code for now and then if someone happens to turn up with a database back-up, then we can just revert back to the good ol way :D

Let me know if you guys would like to try out the MC smiley's and code here and I'll make it happen!

Regards,
BigMike
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:29:45 PM by BigMike »
"Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. With His

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 09:44:27 PM »

I think you need to get onto wades server to get the old smiley code.  Can I get an email when someone new registers so I can get them on right away?  Give me a call when you get some free time (I know right).
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

BigMike

• Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 10:45:45 PM »

Can I get an email when someone new registers so I can get them on right away?
Done!

I'll give ya a call tomorrow 8)
Pages: 1 [2]