4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our November 19th Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: I need your help fellow Amateur Radio Operators  (Read 548 times)

H2O_Jeep

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
I need your help fellow Amateur Radio Operators
« on: October 23, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »

Hello All

Some may know that I attended Pacifion.org convention October 20-22. While there I talked with Gordon West, those that attended CARP Technician class may recognize the name, he wrote the Technician Class Book. We got to talking about how successful CARP classes were that catered to off road enthusiasts and he wants interview me for hamnation video pod cast. If you haven’t heard or seen one of the pod casts on youtube, I really encourage you to check them out.

Anyway, Gordo wants to devote a pod cast to how amateur radio is being used in off road community. He also wants to have me write about how amateur radio is being used in off road for his next Technician Class book.

So, the reason for this post is to request your guys help. I need fellow off road hams to email me pictures of using amateur radio in the field and short stories about how ham work for you in the off road. I will send them to Gordo and hopefully get published. Please include the following if you have the information: call signs of all involved, location, event, clubs at event, what happened and what was the outcome, and lastly your opinion on using ham radio. I may use some quotes in the interview with Gordo, so let me know if it is ok to quote you.

73-
2000 TJ, 35" BFGs, RE 4.5 lift, F/R ARB lockers, 4.56 30 spline axles
KJ6OUI, Amateur Extra
Public Information Officer, San Joaquin Valley
Amateur Radio Instructor/Mentor/Examiner
RACES/ARES Instructor/Examiner
73-

K6TLR

• Pro Spotter
  • Shivers @ 2mph
    • View Profile
    • My Off Road Radio
Re: I need your help fellow Amateur Radio Operators
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 07:45:21 PM »

I hear a certain Ranger driver has a couple of really good ham stories ;)

I used my crossband repeat function to great avail on Barrett Lake. The rest of my group was wheeling in, and I went hiking around the area for a few miles. Never left contact with them.

Will you be at Winter Fun Fest by chance this year??
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome. If you're not having fun, it's not worth doing.