4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our November 19th Meeting"Details"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ***Trail Closure***Urgent meeting 6/19/13***  (Read 10061 times)

ICEMAN

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4" OME lift, Aussie locker in rear sittin on 35"
    • View Profile
Re: ***Trail Closure***Urgent meeting 6/19/13***
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 05:06:58 PM »

Here is a good source, scroll down to the "Toads and Frogs"  Sherrif Mimms was on KMJ this afternoon talking about it. They not only want to close trails, but the WHOLE areas including Lakes like shaver and Huntington ect. And to EMPTY them and return the land to it's "Natural state"

http://www.defendruralamerica.com/DRA/Auburn20130601.html
OHV Host/ Adopt a trail

Robert

• 4x 4Him Christian Wheeler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 08:07:30 AM »

After attending the meeting, I plan on sending e-mails to all Fresno Co. Board of Supervisors. I recommend you all do the same. I can send an e-mail on behalf of the club, or you can send your own. What say you??

hperea@co.fresno.ca.us
dpoochigian@co.fresno.ca.us
jcase@co.fresno.ca.us
jlarson@co.fresno.ca.us
aaborgeas@co.fresno.ca.us

margaret.mims@fresnosheriff.org

I recommend that the e-mail support the board in requesting an extension of the Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Designation of Critical Habitat for the Sierra Nevada Yellow-Legged Frog, the Northern District Population of the Mountian Yellow-leged frog and the Yosemite Toad.

I recommend that you/we also send notification of support to Sherrif Mims.

I further recommend that you do the same in your Counties.

The deadline for Counties to file an extension is 6/24/13. We have to get on this! Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:01:39 AM by monyman »
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 08:17:23 AM »

I say send one on behalf of the club and have all in favor of it place there name and address on the letter. 

Did anyone from the forest service show up?  Fresno club had seven and we had seven.  Jerz4wd from central valley crawlers and with us was also there.  There was a guess of 700-800 people there.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 08:33:26 AM »

I say send one on behalf of the club and have all in favor of it place there name and address on the letter. 

Interesting idea, but I don't understand how to do this.
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »

If there was Forest Service employees there, I didn't see them.
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »

Someone type up a good letter and post it.  All in favor of it forward your address (so they know the area we are from) to the one who will send it.  I am not good at writing official letters.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »

Fresno county filed their extension. The board will still need to know that we support their actions to block this designation.

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 04:24:46 AM »

How many are in the club, and what was the Silver award that you received?

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 05:05:27 AM »

http://bit.ly/12Fglxw Here is a link to request an extension of the comment period for making the designation. If it does not work please go to defendruralamerica.com click on the frogs and toads link and follow instructions to submit a request for an extension of the comment period. Thanks!!

Deputy Dog & Lady Hawk

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 07:17:05 PM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:01:07 AM by monyman »
To every day turn.  There is a time to every purpose under heaven.....Ecclesiastes 3

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 05:48:08 AM »

That is strange. I will see if I can get it sorted out. Thank you for your action. If we lose this initial battle, it will likely be ugly. Once they get the critical habitat designation, they no longer need public approval or input to make decisions on closures. Their agenda is scary and it is no secret that they want us (especially four wheelers) out of the forests. In one area, they have taken out the dams and returned the river to its wild state. Can you imagine what would happen if they did that here? I think I am turning into an activist. This ticks me off.

I want to be clear, I don't think that the problems are coming from the Forest Service. We have enjoyed many years of mutual respect, hard work and good relationships. The environmentalist agenda and those in power in DC are to blame in my opinion. We need to not sit back on this one. It is huge and it is only one battlefront. There is an entire war against our freedoms. Be aware. Hopefully Jesus returns quickly.

Welshdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 09:25:42 AM »

I've taken a look at the PDF Don posted up; this needs to be a much larger and active fight. If I reading this correctly it will impact way more then us locally. From the biologicaldiversity PDF:
In total, we propose to designate as critical habitat
approximately 447,341 hectares (1,105,400 acres) for the Sierra Nevada yellow-legged
frog in Butte, Plumas, Lassen, Sierra, Nevada, Placer, El Dorado, Amador, Calaveras,
Alpine, Mariposa, Mono, Madera, Tuolumne, Fresno, and Inyo Counties, California

Let me know if I am misinterpreting that.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »

Welsh, you're right, it is way more than us locally. This is not a battle, the environmentalists have declared WAR and the war has come to us. It feels strange to write this as I've always considered myself an environmentalist, but I feel very little attraction to this group. According to the speakers last Thursday evening, 3 of the people behind The Center for Biological Diversity were part of the driving force behind the Spotted Owl situation in Oregon. That was devastating for their economy and I'm not sure what it did for the Spotted Owl.

And now they've come for us. It is my understanding that this group wants people and people's influence out of endangered species' habitat. That ultimately means no mining, timber harvesting, hunting, fishing, camping, motorized recreation (us, motorcycles, quads, motor boating, jet skis, etc.), bicycles (mechanized!), man made lakes (take out dams, Shaver Lake, Huntington), electrical generation (Edison's Big Creek installation), flood control, etc. If you want to walk around and leave so no one can tell you were there that's fine with them. Theirs is a very extreme view of the world.

With this in mind we can see that an attack on the miners is an attack on us, and an attack on water for agriculture is an attack on us, etc. We need to wake up, smell the coffee and get busy passing the word to others about what this means for everyone unless we do something. It is important to write our County Supervisors, state and federal legislators and the agencies charged with managing public property for you and me (USFS, etc.). They are supposed to represent us, not tell us what to do, when to do it, etc. I accept there are limits to doing what we want, but IMO now they're going too far. :2cents:
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

Welshdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »

Welsh, you're right, it is way more than us locally. This is not a battle, the environmentalists have declared WAR and the war has come to us. It feels strange to write this as I've always considered myself an environmentalist, but I feel very little attraction to this group. According to the speakers last Thursday evening, 3 of the people behind The Center for Biological Diversity were part of the driving force behind the Spotted Owl situation in Oregon. That was devastating for their economy and I'm not sure what it did for the Spotted Owl.

I actually wrote a paper while I was attending Humboldt State University as a forestry major. There were large differences between the conservationist efforts headed by Gifford Pinchot and that of his friend John Muir's effort to push preservationist ideals. I think when it comes down to it all in this club are conservantionalist in that we support a balanced approach to land use.
The term preservationist has morphed into todays term of environmental extremist. The belief that everything comes second to nature.
Funny thing about the spotted owl is when clear cutting was band in those areas they saw a drop in population.

My point is, our club and its members want to conserve our natural reasourses for the use of our society and for future use by our children. None of us are in support of barring certain groups of people from enjoying it.

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:15 AM »

Just received a phone call from Supervisor Poochigian. She states that she believes that the request for extension has been granted. She indicated that she has yet to receive official notification,however. She reported that a hearing will be scheduled in Fresno. I will try to keep you posted. Keep your prayers and support coming. If they pass this critical habitat designation we will likely have to wheel private land in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4