4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our November 19th Meeting"Details"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ***Trail Closure***Urgent meeting 6/19/13***  (Read 10062 times)

Robert

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4x 4Him Christian Wheeler
    • View Profile
***Trail Closure***Urgent meeting 6/19/13***
« on: June 16, 2013, 08:32:44 AM »

Marlin announced at the meeting last night that there will me a meeting at Foothill Elementary School in Prather on 6/19/13 at 6:00 pm. At the meeting, they will discuss the closure of all trails at that use the sand flats as a trailhead. Red, Mirror, Strawberry, Coyote, West.  :law: Please plan on attending to show your support for keeping these trails open. Thank you! The time to get involved is now. If they are closed, they will likely not be re-opened. :peace:
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

Deputy Dog & Lady Hawk

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
Re: ***Trail Closure***Urgent meeting 6/19/13***
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »

Who started this closure ball rolling and why??  Also they are doing this meeting in the middle of the week when most of us have jobs and have difficulty making such a meeting.  And why such short notice on such a big issue?  This does not pass the smell test.  Remember what I said before....when it is all gone they will come in and take just a little more...and then some more....what, not enough?...OK just a little  more...
To every day turn.  There is a time to every purpose under heaven.....Ecclesiastes 3

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »

I would like answers to these questions myself. I live 10 minutes from the meeting site and only learned about it because marlin was at our meeting. Media blackout? Environmentalist agenda? May be some answers at the meeting. I will try to keep you posted. I am calling everyone I know. We need to show up in force and in love and present ourselves and our club as responsible stewards of God's creation.
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 01:29:55 PM »

I am going to try and make this.  Anyone else want to head up?
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 01:33:46 PM »

Jacob, I am trying to get off early, will let you know.

Bronco75

• Child of God Jn 1:12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 01:42:03 PM »

Im planning to be there :2Thumbsup:
John 1:12-13
Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God-- children not born of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »

I'm planning to get off early and be there. :law:
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

GreenDragon

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 03:34:02 PM »

Trying to get there
Probably can't leave till 6:30
🐉🐉🐉🐉  55 Willy Wagon 🐉🐉🐉🐉
350TBI 700R4 tranny Atlas 4speed
ARB front and rear-Running on 37s.  
   🐉🐉🐉 A/C for a cool ride.🐉🐉🐉

huebie

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
  • WWJD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »

This is the first I have heard that this land includes the trails out of sand flats area. I called Marlin and he said that this land closure possibility does not include sand flats area to his knowledge. I have also left a voice message with Anthony. I will post up anything I come across.
1980 Jeep CJ7  "enhanced" 4.2L inline six, NP435, Dana 300 with 4:1, Dana 44s with Detroit and ARB, 36" IROKS on beadlocks.

huebie

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
  • WWJD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 09:37:54 AM »

First of all, Thanks Robert for bringing this meeting to light and creating a sense of urgency in many of us to attend.  It is extremely important we actively support and defend access to our trails.

I spoke with Anthony about the possibility of Sand Flats being shut down.  His comment to me was that he knew nothing specifically about this at this point.  He is aware of the potential of closure of land, but felt that the Forest Service should have final say over forest service land, not Fish and Wildlife, no disrespect intended.  He did agree that attending this meeting would be a good idea if you have the time.
1980 Jeep CJ7  "enhanced" 4.2L inline six, NP435, Dana 300 with 4:1, Dana 44s with Detroit and ARB, 36" IROKS on beadlocks.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 10:33:42 AM »

I got this from Michelle Weldrick, 4WDC of Fresno Web Master and wife of Bryan Weldrick who's the current 4WDC of Fresno President and FabGuy on our forum:

"Department of the Interior is planning to use the Endangered Species Act to designate as much as 2 million acres in the Sierras as critical habitat for the Yellow Legged Frog. The area to be protected spans from Dinkey Creek Road to Kaiser Pass. The effect could be devastating to recreation, fishing, and business, yet there has been no mention of it in the media. They are quietly flying under the radar on this folks. If these proposed zones are closed, it could mean goodbye to Huntington Lake, China Peak, The Dinkey Lakes Wilderness, the Dusy overland trail, a portion of the Pacific Crest Trail, Humphreys Basin, and the headwaters of the San Joaquin River, to name a few. There is a meeting on Wednesday, June 19th, 5:30- 6:00 at Foothill Elementary school, 29147 Auberry Road, Prather, being held by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Plan to attend and spread the word! Here is the link to their proposal: http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/species/amphibians/Yosemite_toad/pdfs/Designation_of_Critical_Habitat_4_24_2013.pdf." Warning: this pdf is 199 pages! :PC:

Other, but similar (and summarized!), info is in this press release: http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2013/sierra-nevada-amphibians-04-24-2013.html.

I've contacted Jim Bramham, the CA4WDC Natural Resource Consultant - North, to inform him of the meeting and invite him to attend. Those of you having connections with Blue Ribbon or other advocacy groups should consider contacting them and inviting them, too.

I don't think any closures are imminent, but the threat is real and we need to pay attention! :law: Familiarize yourself with as much of the info as you have time for before the meeting and we'll see you there. :drive:
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, Diamond axles, 5.29s, duals, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »

Can anyone confirm the time the meeting will start.  I don't get off work until 5:30.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 11:02:18 AM »

Can anyone confirm the time the meeting will start.  I don't get off work until 5:30.
It's scheduled for 6:00 PM according to the notice in the Mountain Press newspaper. This from the Prather USFS office.

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »

If there is time for the public to speak, maybe someone with the club could highlight our conservation efforts, previous award, and stewardship of God's creation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4