4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Head for the Hills Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our July 15th Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: Closing 2 million acres? Affects 14 counties including Fresno  (Read 3406 times)

Robert

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4x 4Him Christian Wheeler
    • View Profile

I was listening to the County board meeting. Apparently there is a proposal to close 2 million acres of land to protect frogs and toads. The speakers invited concerned parties to visit defendruralAmerica.com. Not sure of the validity of the information, but i am highly alarmed. Those who presented were two members of the public one lived in tollhouse. if true, there has been a complete media blackout. Here is the link: http://www.defendruralamerica.com/DRA/Auburn20130601.html
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

Robert

• View Profile
Re: Closing 2 million acres? Affects 14 counties including Fresno
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »

here is the e-mail i received back...

There is the immediate threat, and the long-term threat. The immediate threat is explained in the Federal Register Habitat Designation document. Flip through it to find the maps and related descriptions.

The long-term threat is two-fold. First, if you notice, the currently designated areas look like the Hawaiian Islands. If corridors and buffer zones are later added, the designated could easily grow tenfold. Second, these are only 2 of 479 "species" under consideration, so there are lots more to come.

On May 21, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Robert wrote:

Kirk, I live in Fresno county. I am an avid and responsible off road enthusiast. I heard today that our rights to public land are at risk. Can you share what areas of fresno county will be affected? Thanks!
I
Sent from my iPhone
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)

Deputy Dog & Lady Hawk

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »

Yes I am going to get political again.  This is the kind of stuff I am talking about.  First we run people right out of their lives in order to protect the Delta Smelt (a stupid little fish that is found in many other parts of the country) and now we want to do it again with a toad.  Are you kidding me?!!!

This is what happens when we vote the wrong people into office.  We lose our freedoms and rights piece by piece and they get replaced by the rights of fish and toads.  We go on with our busy lives while clowns in our government smile and take just a little more...and then a little more...a bit more....not enough, OK, just a bit more....and more...and when it is all gone....just a little bit more... 
To every day turn.  There is a time to every purpose under heaven.....Ecclesiastes 3

RockWoRM

• Rock Jocky
  • Child of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 03:12:22 PM »

Yes I am going to get political again.  This is the kind of stuff I am talking about.  First we run people right out of their lives in order to protect the Delta Smelt (a stupid little fish that is found in many other parts of the country) and now we want to do it again with a toad.  Are you kidding me?!!!

This is what happens when we vote the wrong people into office.  We lose our freedoms and rights piece by piece and they get replaced by the rights of fish and toads.  We go on with our busy lives while clowns in our government smile and take just a little more...and then a little more...a bit more....not enough, OK, just a bit more....and more...and when it is all gone....just a little bit more... 
Well, I'm right there with ya. I fail to see or will ever be convinced that a Jeep road going thru one spot in thousands upon thousands upon thousands of sq. miles of forest could endanger a frog population. Do frogs only live on Jeep roads?  Totally ridiculous!!! But what do we expect from an agency run by mostly greenies!  :thud:
As a wise man once said... "nothing more than ignorance gone to seed!"

***rant off***
'05 LJR, 6sp, D44's/5.13's chromo shafts, RC long arm w/MC 5.5" dual rate coils, MC fenders and armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »

Back in the day when I raced bikes in the desert, the BLM wanted to stop desert racing because we might run over a turtle or cactis.
I don't know if you have ridden a bike 60 - 70 miles per hour across the desert, but last thing you want to do is hit a turtle.
Hitting a cactis is a instant flat, which is not to good either. This is just another ploy the liberals use to take away everyones rights.

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 05:06:57 AM »

Here is the latest. A public meeting will be held in Fresno on the 13th of this month from 1-3 pm. I encourage all who are able to attend. Not sure that the course of action can be reversed, but we have to try, right?

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is planning to hold two public meetings on the proposals to list and designate critical habitat for the Sierra Nevada yellow-legged frog, the northern distinct population segment of the mountain yellow-legged frog, and the Yosemite toad.

The public meetings are planned to be held in Bridgeport on Wednesday January 8, 2014 from 1 – 3 p.m. and in Fresno on Monday, January 13, 2014 from 1 – 3 p.m.  A public notice with more details is attached and pasted below.  For further information, please visit:  http://www.fws.gov/sacramento/outreach/2013/12-27/outreach_newsroom_2013-12-27.htm

Please contact me if you have any questions.  Thank you.

Robert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »

Anyone planning on attending?

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 08:55:05 AM »

Anyone planning on attending?

I feel guilty coming to the realization that my schedule doesn't permit me to attend. :kickcan: I think it's important and hope some others can go.
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, 275:1, Diamond axles, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

monyman

• 4x 4Him Board Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 09:05:08 AM »

I've emailed both Jim Bramham and John Stewart of CA4WDC invitations to attend. They came last time to Auberry and I hope they attend this time, too.
2001 Tacoma double cab SR5: 3.4l V6, 275:1, Diamond axles, ARBs, PSC hydro, 4 wheel discs, 38.5 TrXus and stuff

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 06:06:48 PM »

This middle of the day thing is keeping the working man away.  I will see what I can do.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »

Heard on the radio that those frogs and toads received endangered status.  Anyone else hear any other news?
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

ICEMAN

• 4" OME lift, Aussie locker in rear sittin on 35"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 10:39:27 PM »

Come to my house, they don't look very endangered here, they are all over my yard.
OHV Host/ Adopt a trail

artlugo

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 10:34:04 PM »

I did hear that Jacob on Power Talk radio they said that they have signs up already on some of the trails. The funny thing is that they said that these frogs eat each other. so what our we really saving them from. :pc:
Art Lugo (Trail Breaker)
Blessed with a 03 jeep wrangler sport, ? On 4" lift, rockhard rear bumper and tire carrier,
Chossen on purpose