4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Head for the Hills Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our July 15th Meeting"Details"

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Update on what's been happening with me...  (Read 4127 times)

Bronco75

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • Child of God Jn 1:12
    • View Profile
Update on what's been happening with me...
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:12:05 AM »

I understand the following is kind of long however, I felt some detail would be helpful in seeing the hand of God at work in this situation.

On February 19, 2013 my Dr of nine years diagnosed me as having colon cancer. I have been very pro-active with colon screenings and have had three since I was 51 years old and still ended up with a cancer..?? My Dr. immediately scheduled a PET scan to see if the cancer had spread to other organs and to help with the staging. A couple of weeks later I learned that the cancer, although it was confirmed, was contained in the area of the colon only. My Dr then said, due to the cancerous tumor as well as other issues, the entire colon needs to be removed.

Needless to say this was a shocking diagnosis for me as well as my wife and family. It was made even more difficult to bear because we had just buried my wife’s brother-in-law two years ago, two years after he was diagnosed with the same cancer.

As my Dr was pushing me to get the surgery done ASAP I was not feeling any peace regarding scheduling. I decided to get a second opinion before I made a decision. Getting my GP to give me a referral seemed to be the right way to go about it. He referred me out to another well respected colorectal surgeon in Fresno. I was contacted by the Dr I was referred to only to be told the following; This is a small town with very few top rated colorectal surgeons so it is very important that we never do anything that might offend each other. We have to work together in even fewer facilities so I will not give you a second opinion and I doubt you will find anyone in town who will give you a second opinion.

I went back to my original colorectal surgeon asking questions to help me understand why we needed to remove all of my colon. I also informed him of my experience trying to get a second opinion. He was very happy I could not get anyone to break the code as it were. He then told me one death story after another to support his decision to remove all of my colon. He also said I needed to decide soon because this thing could get into the lymph system which would spread cancer to other areas of my body.

From the beginning of the diagnosis I have had my family and a few people interceding in prayer for me. There was one young man in particular, that my daughter put me in contact with, who has had a lot of success praying for people with cancer. He lives in Redding, CA. So he and I met through video conferencing on my lap top for a few times of prayer. The presence of God was really apparent during those times of prayer.

Just before making the decision to go ahead with the radical surgery to remove everything the young man from Redding called me and asked if I could get another lab test to verify if the cancer was still there. He said his wife believed she heard in prayer for me that the cancer was dead. I told him I could not because without Dr approval as part of a second opinion it would cost me more than I could afford to get another colonoscopy and biopsy and just thanked him for he and his wife’s faithfulness in prayer for me.

I needed to make a decision to schedule the surgery soon so I spent the entire night without sleep before the Lord in travail. I could never get any peace regarding the total removal of my colon so the next morning I said to my wife, we need to find someone out of the area to get a second opinion. We called starting in Visalia and went up the 99 corridor all the way into Sacramento. No one could see me any sooner than in a month and more. Concerned that the cancer could grow or spread I felt like I could not wait that long to see someone else.

Feeling pressured, spiritually spent and somewhat fearful I called a close friend just to talk. He listened for a bit, then told me I was too young to mess around and that I needed to just schedule the surgery ASAP. If not for me, then for my wife’s sake. I argued his point saying I just can’t get peace in my chest to do it. He then suggested I call a particular Dr he knew. At that very moment my wife called in so I put my friend on hold and took her call saying I would have to call her back later. She said, real fast I just got a hold of a Dr who will see us today at 4 PM. The name of the Dr was the same name my friend had just told me to call. So within 60 seconds I heard this guy’s name twice and was scheduled to see him in 2 hours.

We met with this Dr at 4 PM, who also happens to be one of the top guys in the Fresno area. The pain in my chest went away and was replaced by peace as soon as I shook his hand. He said I know what you are going through and while I have total respect for all my fellow Drs I believe the patient comes first so it will be my pleasure to give you a second opinion. He then spent the next two hours with us going over all my records, procedures and tests explaining more than you would ever want to know about the colon and colon cancer. It also turns out he had just finished his 14th colonoscopy of the day and was leaving from there to begin his first real vacation in nine years. When I learned this I knew we were totally experiencing the favor of God.

After looking at the pictures of the Feb 19th colonoscopy showing the cancer tumor he scheduled me for another colonoscopy with him saying he would like to see if he could get the tumor out from the inside. He also said he would biopsy it so we could do some genetic testing on it to help determine why I had developed the cancer in the first place.

I called the young man who had been praying with me and said we were going to get a second test on the cancer so we will see if his wife was right and that the cancer was dead.

Last Thursday we met with the new Dr and after pathology it turns out that the tumor is cancer free!! Praise God!!

Dr said, well for some reason it turns out your tumor is benign. However it is still there, in fact it had grown from what I saw in the picture from the 19th. I removed some satellites off but could not remove it. He also said he did not suggest leaving it there so we should treat it like a cancer and surgically remove it. I asked how much colon needed to be removed. He said not much, in fact you have more than a normal amount of colon so after you heal you will not notice any difference in function at all.

I was happy to call the young man in Redding and inform him his wife was right. The cancer was dead!

My colon resection surgery is scheduled for April 9th.

Blessings,
Cecil
John 1:12-13
Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God-- children not born of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

GreenDragon

• View Profile
Re: Update on what's been happening with me...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:40:08 AM »

Praise God
So glad to hear the great news
Thanks for sharing
🐉🐉🐉🐉  55 Willy Wagon 🐉🐉🐉🐉
350TBI 700R4 tranny Atlas 4speed
ARB front and rear-Running on 37s.  
   🐉🐉🐉 A/C for a cool ride.🐉🐉🐉

BirdDog

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:49:59 AM »

Wow, Thank You  :Jesus:

Cecil I'm praying for you and if you need anything please call.
Unfortunately, many in our society view pregnancy as the "great sickness" and believe abortion is the "great cure."

I choose to believe that pregnancy, child birth and children are all amazing miracles given to us by our Creator.
http://nationalprolifealliance.com/rlacab_petition.aspx?npla=H1AMAA13I&pid=0326c

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:53:55 AM »

Praise GOD.  Thank you for sharing.  We will pray for the surgery on the 9th
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

ZuperDave

• Sylvia, the Silly Silver Suzuki Samurai
    • View Profile
    • 4x 4Him Christian Wheelers
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:41:55 AM »

Amen, Amen, Amen, . . . . :banana:

I am so happy not to be loosing another friend to Colon Cancer.

Thank you GOD  :2Thumbsup:

RockBottom

• Pro Rock Jocky
  • a.k.a. "Mrs Tinman"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 09:46:25 AM »

... :pray: Continued prayers to you and your family

Mrs. Birddog

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
  • Child of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »

Wow, Wow, WOW!!! God is awesome! :cele: :ralleytowel:

THANK YOU Jesus!!

We totally celebrate this with you Cecil, Jean and Luke!

ICEMAN

• 4" OME lift, Aussie locker in rear sittin on 35"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »

AWESOME!   :Jesus:
OHV Host/ Adopt a trail

Dutchman

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Pro Rock Jocky
  • I think I can, I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 08:11:36 PM »

:amen: I think God just told you He is not done with you yet. Cherish every minute. Praise God

GreenDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 09:04:16 PM »

:amen: I think God just told you He is not done with you yet. Cherish every minute. Praise God
Well said.    :Jesus:
🐉🐉🐉🐉  55 Willy Wagon 🐉🐉🐉🐉
350TBI 700R4 tranny Atlas 4speed
ARB front and rear-Running on 37s.  
   🐉🐉🐉 A/C for a cool ride.🐉🐉🐉

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 09:42:11 PM »

Praise God Cecil! We're so glad to hear it's not cancerous and we'll be praying for your upcoming surgery.

Please let us know how you're doing because we all love you Brother!

Kodiak Commando

• Look Ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »

Prayers a flowing buddy!  Makes me tingle reading your testimony!!!   :2Thumbsup:  God is good, all the time!
Fred Whorff
1967 Jeepster Commando
2015 Rubicon Unlimmited
1951 Willys Pickup
1961 Willys Station Wagon
1991 Grand Wagoneer
Yes its a disease of epic proportions!

Ironman

• God forgives, rocks don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 07:43:40 AM »

:Jesus:  :2Thumbsup:
'97 Jeep TJ stretched 4", 4.0, SM465, NP 231 w/4:1, HP Dana 60 w/5.38's and ARB in rear, HP Dana 44 w/5.38's, ARB and high steer in front. 5.5 RE long arm kit with 14" King coilovers front and rear, rollin' on 37" MTR's w/17" Allied Rockathon Beadlocks...The bigger the tire, the smaller the rocks.

artlugo

• Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »

Praise God! Our God is Awesome! will keep you in prayer for the surgery.
Art Lugo (Trail Breaker)
Blessed with a 03 jeep wrangler sport, ? On 4" lift, rockhard rear bumper and tire carrier,
Chossen on purpose

Robert

• 4x 4Him Christian Wheeler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 07:35:16 AM »

Praise God! Thank you for sharing! If you need anything, please, please call on your brothers here. You all were amazing when Hannah's head was crunched. Call me and we will drop everything and come assist. We love you and celebrate this wonderful news! God is good!
Some trust in vehicles and some in horsepower, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7 (paraphrased)
Pages: [1] 2