4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our March 18th Meeting"Details"

Author Topic: The Dinkey Collaborative Group  (Read 1042 times)

Bronco75

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • Child of God Jn 1:12
    • View Profile
The Dinkey Collaborative Group
« on: March 23, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »

Below is a copy of an e-mail I received from Anthony Benedetti regarding the proposed actions of the Dinkey Collaborative. It does not sound like we have anything to be concerned about regarding this group or their agreed upon future actions in the Forrest.

I will continue to keep you informed by posting here any follow-up information I receive.

Cecil Howard, President

Hello all,

I received a phone call from a concerned OHVer yesterday regarding the Dinkey Collaborative group and I want to relieve any stress from rumors being circulated.
The Dinkey Collaborative is a group of individuals working with the Forest Service to improve watershed through road maintenance, prescribed burning and thinning of timber.
The only way this will affect you is through timber operations.  Logging trucks might hinder access to trail heads (Swamp) but the trail won't be shut down.

The following people will be receiving an email regarding the collaborative:

Mike Mcgarity
Cecil Howard
Steve Egbert
Bob Wagers
Dusti Hall
Tim Groh

Please pass along the information you receive to your perspective clubs.  These meetings are open to OHV involvement but it doesn't really effect OHV.

Thanks,

Anthony Benedetti

Sierra National Forest
High Sierra Ranger District
Off Highway Vehicle Manager

John 1:12-13
Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God-- children not born of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Rusty

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
Re: The Dinkey Collaborative Group
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »

Thanks Cecil.

RockBottom

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Pro Rock Jocky
  • a.k.a. "Mrs Tinman"
    • View Profile
Re: The Dinkey Collaborative Group
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 03:23:39 PM »

At the Adopt-A-Trail meeting this morning, we received some information from Deputy District Ranger, Mose Jones-Yellin regarding the Dinkey Collaborative.

The OHV community has been asking for more information regarding this group and their plans.  He shared information and brought copies of the group's Charter to today's meeting.  I picked up a copy and will bring it to the April 15th 4X 4HIM club meeting.

There is another Dinkey Collaborative meeting scheduled for Thursday April 19 (10:00 - 2:30) at the Forest Service office in Clovis.

Discussion will include their plans being formulated regarding a 2014 project in the Bald Mtn area.  Our OHV Manager, Anthony Benedetti is asking that a liaison go to this meeting to represent our club with the Dinkey Collaborative.  After listening to the discussions today, there is little-to-no representation by the OHV or recreational communities from the local area.

Let's pray for this group, their decisions and the future use of our forest.