4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Author Topic: need advice  (Read 1939 times)

bigarms23

• Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
need advice
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »

i found out that my 16yr old brother is having a very hard time in school and doesn't want to live with my mom and stepdad is it my place to ask to be his legal gaurden or should i ask if i could have him move in with me and see if his schooling and life improves

thanks
1988 4runnersr5v6 d44/12bolt 36s duals

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
Re: need advice
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:34:57 PM »

Big question.  Me being only 27 don't have much life experience and don't have a good answer.  I would probably try to avoid guardianship if I could.  I think he may be going through life and may need to learn how to handle tough times when there is no easy answer.  It might make a better man out of him in the long run.  We will be praying.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

bigarms23

• Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »

thanks for the advice i really don't want to be a legal guardien. my brother is doing well so what i did was i loaned him money to
buy his first 874runner that is a project and that way i can help him work out his frustrations and keep him out of trouble by working on his future rig. i think this solution is the best for me

cruiserfj45

• Valley Teen Ranch Committee
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • 4X4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:24:10 AM »

Just remember Proverbs 22:7  The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.  When money is owed it changes the relationship.  My little brother owed me money for a while after he rolled my first 4Runner and it put a strain on our relationship.
Only through you Lord can I do great things, and may the great things I do Lord glorify you.  The Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

jeepcj

• Seasoned Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »

I don't have any advice but just wanted to offer up my prayers.
Michelle, Michael, Teagan

John 3:16

bigarms23

• Pro Spotter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »

i am not charging my brother any money for the 874runner all i asked of him is to put in the time. He still wants to live with me but i suggested that after he graduates high school that that would be fine.

Mrs. Birddog

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Rock Jocky
  • Child of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:56:58 AM »

I think that you are wise not to bail him out, but to be there as a support to him in other ways, mainly time, prayer and love.

May God's Love win out!

huebie

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Rock Jocky
  • WWJD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »

Best advice I have ever heard about loaning money to family goes like this: don't loan them money.  Give it to them with no expectation for repayment.  If you expect repayment, don;t give it for fear that if it is not repayed, the relationship is hurt.

I agree with Mindy.  Be there as a support.  Pray for him and lead him in the ways of our Lord.  I think some might refer to this as ministry! :cele:
1980 Jeep CJ7  "enhanced" 4.2L inline six, NP435, Dana 300 with 4:1, Dana 44s with Detroit and ARB, 36" IROKS on beadlocks.