4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Author Topic: Ministry Oppertunity  (Read 1976 times)

RC

• View Profile
Ministry Oppertunity
« on: April 21, 2006, 04:26:55 PM »

The following is the latest newsletter from my daughter Brandi. Many of you know her.
She is looking for someone that is knowledgable with computers and willing to go to Africa on a mission trip.

Global Passion & West Africa

God is so good!  I hope you had a great Easter.  It is my favorite holiday.  It is the one time of the year that everyone stops to think of what Christ did for each of us, and how much He does love us.  I remember someone asking me why I liked Easter more than Christmas. After all, without Christmas, we wouldn’t have Easter or presents. Without Easter, we wouldn’t celebrate Christmas.  We also wouldn’t have the best gift ever given -- Christ laying His life down for us.  If Christ didn’t love us as much as He does, then He wouldn’t have died for us. If He wasn’t going to save us, then why would He leave Heaven to be born in a manger and live a life surrounded with all the sin in the world?  Without His resurrection, we don’t have any hope of having a relationship with the Father.  Because of His love for us at all cost, we have full access to the thrown of God.
The day after Easter, April 17, 2006, I had the opportunity to spend the day with a few, very special people; my grandfather and grandmother, their friends, Dr. and Mrs. Tarr, and two pastors from Burkina Faso, Sidabe and Alia, who are here visiting the United States. The seven of us went to Yosemite to see more of God’s beauty.  We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day.  The rain never came and the sun never left.  It was great!  There was some snow here and there, but the roads were nice and clear and the temperature was warm.  We marveled at the beauty of the waterfalls, half-dome, El Capitan, the meadows and the deer.  Sidabe and Alia said that they didn’t know how they would explain the sights when they get back to Burkina Faso.  There aren’t any words that will capture this beauty!

I thought of how exciting it is to watch little kids experience something for the first time.  Then I saw Alia’s face light up when Dr. Tarr put a big chunk of snow in his hand.  It was amazing to see an adult experience this for the first time.  Alia had never seen snow, let alone feel it until Dr. Tarr gave it to him.

Every day, Christians should be watching the faces of non-Christians light up with hope when they hear about God’s love for them.  The whole purpose of missions is to share with people who God is, and that they, too, can have a life-changing experience by turning to God.
God has opened another door to all of Africa.  I received a call from a pastor and a missionary who work in Zambia. Their organization has contacts all over Africa, and we will be working with them in the future.  They told me how God blessed their ministry with 2,000 computers which were donated and delivered to them in Zambia.  They are going to put the computers in 10 schools which have a total of 150 teachers.  Their main need right now is educate the teachers about computers.  All that they have been told is that inside each box is something called a “computer.”  I told Rev. Abednego and Wes that I would put the word out to anyone who has a desire to serve in Africa and has knowledge of computers to contact me to set them up to go for a few weeks this summer.  If you have this desire for missions, please let me know!
Please don’t forget to be praying for me!  I depart for Romania on June 14th, return on June 26th, and then depart for Fiji on July 13th, and return on August 20th.  God is going to do some amazing things in these countries and through these teams!  “The gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” Matthew 24:14

In Devotion to Him,

Brandi L. Chastagner
Reaching the Lost in West Africa through Global Passion Ministries
Phone:      (707) 252-9725
Address:   100 Anderson Rd.
Napa, CA 94558
E-mail:   bchastagner@globalpassion.net

ZuperDave

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • God is in Control
    • View Profile
    • 4x 4Him Christian Wheelers
Re: Ministry Oppertunity
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 06:02:56 PM »

Very touching letter,....I only wish I could go.  What an experience it could be.