4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Author Topic: Here is a program of the King James Bible!  (Read 2832 times)

BigMike

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Jocky
  • Focus on your purpose, or focus on your problems
    • View Profile
    • Marlin Crawler Online Forum
Here is a program of the King James Bible!
« on: January 03, 2009, 01:19:03 PM »

Hello guys

I have always wanted to do this, but never have.

Back in the early 90s I was given a King James Bible computer program that I ran back on my Windows 3.11 machine :)

It is a very simple MS-DOS program that runs on Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, and Vista. If it won't run for some reason, report here and I'll see if I can help you. I have never tried this on a Mac, so sorry if it doesn't work.

I ziped it up and uploaded it to my server. Here is a direct download link: http://bigmike.marlincrawler.com/files/QuickVerse_KJV.zip (1.89 MB)

Once you download it, you will need to extract the contents of the file to a location of your choice (it doesn't matter where you place the files), there is no installer required, the program is ready to be used. No registry, no start menu, no windows start up changes, just a simple program with no strings attached. The application file is the "QV.exe" file. You can easily make a shortcut to this file and place the shortcut on your desktop or in your start menu if you wish.

It is an EXTREMELY simple program, made in 1989!!!!! So it loads very fast and is super easy to use.

To move through books use your Home or End keys.
To move through chapters use your Page Up or Page Down keys.
To move through verses use your Right or Left arrow keys.

It is the entire King James Bible, both old and new testaments.

You can resize the window by dragging the border around, and you can even go full screen by holding down Alt+Enter. To revert back to a windowed state, simply press the same key combo Alt+Enter again.

I know there are plenty of advanced and elobrate Bible software available, but this one is so old it is lightweight and simple with no added fat. It has a simple search feature that I use all the time (found in the help ? menu, and you browse results by using your Up and Down arrow keys). I really like the fact that it is a fully contained application within its folder location, no system registry changes or anything of the sort are required, so this program is fully portable. You can copy and run it straight from a usb memory card with ease.

I will leave the file on my server indefinitely, so download it, use it, don't use it, delete it, what ever it's all good :)

BigMike
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:29:35 PM by BigMike »
"Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. With His

Ironman

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • God forgives, rocks don't.
    • View Profile
Re: Here is a program of the King James Bible!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »

Do you know if they have something similar in a more modern translation? NKJ, NLT, or NIV.
'97 Jeep TJ stretched 4", 4.0, SM465, NP 231 w/4:1, HP Dana 60 w/5.38's and ARB in rear, HP Dana 44 w/5.38's, ARB and high steer in front. 5.5 RE long arm kit with 14" King coilovers front and rear, rollin' on 37" MTR's w/17" Allied Rockathon Beadlocks...The bigger the tire, the smaller the rocks.

BirdDog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »

Very Cool

Thank You
Unfortunately, many in our society view pregnancy as the "great sickness" and believe abortion is the "great cure."

I choose to believe that pregnancy, child birth and children are all amazing miracles given to us by our Creator.
http://nationalprolifealliance.com/rlacab_petition.aspx?npla=H1AMAA13I&pid=0326c

ZuperDave

• God is in Control
    • View Profile
    • 4x 4Him Christian Wheelers
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »

Thanks Mike, it is always good to share His word.... :down:

Kodiak Commando

• Look Ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 06:42:39 PM »

Thanks Mike!   :2Thumbsup:
Fred Whorff
1967 Jeepster Commando
2015 Rubicon Unlimmited
1951 Willys Pickup
1961 Willys Station Wagon
1991 Grand Wagoneer
Yes its a disease of epic proportions!

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 06:55:57 PM »

Thankyou BigMike

BigMike

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 07:57:24 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm glad I finally got around to doing this :)

Do you know if they have something similar in a more modern translation? NKJ, NLT, or NIV.

I don't know. If they did, it would be a long shot in the dark to find a 20 year old program in a different version ;)

Sorry KJV is all I have! In my opinion I highly prefer the original english translation of the King James version short of me not understanding how to read Hebrew.

Have you seen this awesome YouTube video on why we need to be careful regarding different translations? Watch This is a 7-part video series, just search for the other 6.

Especially the New International Version of the Bible. I own it and after watching this video I am extremely cautious and always compare it to my KJV whenever I can.

Of course with anything, the original source is the best! I wish I could plug a wire into my head and upload Hebrew to my mind  :PC:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 07:58:40 PM by BigMike »
"Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. With His

Ironman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 10:28:30 PM »

I was raised in chuch using the King James version. It worked for alot of years. But about 10-12 years ago I heard of the NLT translation from a Billy Graham special. He really rant and raved about it. It seams that some of the worlds best current Bible scholars and professors translated the original Greek and Hebrew writings into a modern language using a "thought and meaning" translating process as opposed to a "word for word" process as the Kings James was. It really made since to me to use this type of translation process because there are so many words in the Greek and Hebrew language that we don't have in the English language. And I can tell you this from experience. The Word of God became so much clearer and easier to understand to me when I got my hands on this translation. This works for me, but I believe people need to use what works best for them.
'97 Jeep TJ stretched 4", 4.0, SM465, NP 231 w/4:1, HP Dana 60 w/5.38's and ARB in rear, HP Dana 44 w/5.38's, ARB and high steer in front. 5.5 RE long arm kit with 14" King coilovers front and rear, rollin' on 37" MTR's w/17" Allied Rockathon Beadlocks...The bigger the tire, the smaller the rocks.

BigMike

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 11:45:04 PM »

I believe people need to use what works best for them.

Couldn't agree with you more :) I can ramble on and on about paraphrasing and text changes/omissions, but until I can read Hebrew, I am no better with my KJV. I trust God protects and preserves His Word for us, but I think some degree of reason must be taken in choosing a proper Bible translation.

Perhaps one of the most commonly asked question I get is, "how can the Bible be correct when it's been translated and translated and carried out through so many generations?" If this question makes sense, then it's worthwhile examining who and where the translation comes from.

RE the KJV, there are plenty of texts where I've read it 20 times and didn't understand it until someone explained the meaning behind it. It's like, "Oh, that makes sense to use this language but I just never read it that way!" LOL

My two cents
BigMike
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:46:16 PM by BigMike »

BigMike

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Jocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 11:53:16 PM »

Before I go, one more comment that really scares me is this illustration my church uses to really expose a particular Bible translation that not only deviates from the original intent of the author, but also leads its readers astray.

King James Translation
Genesis 3:15 - "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

Douay-Rheims Translation
Genesis 3:15 - "I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel."

(I added emphasis to the above texts) This is a VERY SERIOUS change of scripture that gives an entirely different meaning!! Yikes!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:54:32 PM by BigMike »

Ironman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 08:26:27 AM »

I've never even heard of that translation.  :what: