4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Author Topic: Becoming like Christ. Building Spiritual Character  (Read 1039 times)

MULE SKINNER

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • "Every Word of God is Flawless" ..Proverbs 30:5
    • View Profile
Becoming like Christ. Building Spiritual Character
« on: July 16, 2007, 06:56:55 AM »

:Preach:

Good morning dear brothers and sisters.

I would like to share part of yesterday's Sunday School bible study with you.  My theme was "You and God".  When I returned home, I continued reading my daily chapter from "The Purpose Driven Life".  The study theme was "Becoming Like Christ"
Now that I have set the backround, let's get to the lesson: ( I refer to Rick Warren's book now in addition to my SS lesson).

We were studying "Spiritual Maturity". Becoming like Christ.

Spiritual maturity is neither instant nor automatic; it is a gradual, progressive development that will take the rest of our lives.  Paul said,

"This will continue until we are mature, just as Christ is, and we will be completely like Him". (Ephesians 4:13)

And it's going to take the rest of our lives developing the character of Jesus and even then it won't be completed here on earth. It will only be finished WHEN we get to Heaven or when Jesus returns.  Then and only then our unfinished work on our character will be finished. The Bible says that:

"We can't even imagine what we will be like when Christ returns.  But we do known that when He comes, we will be more like Him, for we will see Him as He really is."  (1 John 3:2)

Dear brothers and sisters, God is more interested in building our character.  There is much confusion in our Christian life from ignoring this simple truth.  God is far more interested in us building our character than ANYTHING else! We worry when God seems to be silent on specific issues.  For instance, such as what career should I choose?  Truth is, there are so many different careers that COULD be in God's will for us. What He cares the most about is that whatever we do, we do it in a Christlike manner.  (Character)  God is interested in what we are than what we do.  We are human BEINGS, not human DOINGS. (Rick Warren) God is more concerned in our character than our career, because we will take our character into eternity, but not our career.  The Bible warns:

"Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.  Instead, fix your attention on God.  You'll be changed from the inside out.....Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to it's level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-informed maturity in you".  (Romans 12:2)

Jesus didn't die on the cross just so we could live comfortable lives. He died for something far deeper.  He wants to make us like himself when He takes us to Heaven. Brothers and sisters, this is our greatest privilege, immediate responsibility and our ultimate destiny.

I  pray that you dear Christian brothers and sisters work on your Spiritual character and become more like Christ.  God loves us.
Thank you for allowing me into your lives this morning.  I pray God's blessings and protection on you all.

..... Fred Worley

"Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work." -- William Arthur Ward