4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please Join us for our June 15 Club meeting"Details"

2020 Cal 4Wheel ConventionDetails

Author Topic: A Father's Memories  (Read 1601 times)

MULE SKINNER

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • "Every Word of God is Flawless" ..Proverbs 30:5
    • View Profile
A Father's Memories
« on: June 13, 2007, 06:29:14 PM »

This Father's Day will be the first without our dear Randy.  In the past I would look forward to his card's and or a nice phone conversation.  Of course Dianna and Rick would always be there and they all would make that special day really special.  I will always cherish those memories.

I would like to honor Father's Day with a prayer that General Douglas A. MacArthur wrote in 1992 but it is still applicable today.  It's a awesome prayer of a father to his son.  Perhaps you can use it as a prayer you can pray for your son or daughter or another young person:

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid;
         one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.

Build me a son whose wishbone will not be where his backbone should be; a son who will know Thee and that to know himself is the
         foundation stone of knowledge.

Lead him I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge.  Here, let him learn
         to stand up in the storm; here, let him learn compassion for those who fall.

Build me a son whose heart will be clear, whose goal will be high; a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men;
         one who will learn to laugh, yet never forget how to weep; one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too
         seriously.  Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the open mind of true wisdom,
         the meekness of true strength.

Then, I, his father, will dare to whisper, I HAVE NOT LIVED IN VAIN.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DEAR FRIENDS AND MAY OUR FATHER GOD BLESS US ALWAYS
"Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work." -- William Arthur Ward

dinasings

• Rock Jocky
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
    • KnowRain.com
Re: A Father's Memories
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 09:54:39 PM »

Awesome, Fred!

I will be praying that you have continued peace this fathers day, as  it may be  bitter sweet.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:34:24 PM by dinasings »
Dinasings
86' GMC Jimmy "Big Red"
8" lift, 4:88 gears, 700r4 trans,
Np208 transfer case,
front and rear Auburns,
38" Sw, Warn manual hubs,
Rock lights, Cust bumpers

www.knowrain.com
www.myspace.com/dinasings

Ironman

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • God forgives, rocks don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:29:31 AM »

Thanks for sharing Fred.
'97 Jeep TJ stretched 4", 4.0, SM465, NP 231 w/4:1, HP Dana 60 w/5.38's and ARB in rear, HP Dana 44 w/5.38's, ARB and high steer in front. 5.5 RE long arm kit with 14" King coilovers front and rear, rollin' on 37" MTR's w/17" Allied Rockathon Beadlocks...The bigger the tire, the smaller the rocks.

jake62

• Jesus is my reason...........................
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »

Thanks for sharing Fred.

Ditto!!

Thank you
Relationships are never about power,
and one way to avoid the will to power is to choose to limit oneself - to serve.