4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our March 18th Meeting"Details"

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Clovis Christmas Parade  (Read 18483 times)

kf6kmx

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Pro Rock Jocky
  • 2000 LR Disco-II, 1988 RRC, Emylee and me.
    • View Profile
    • MySpace site (my niece talked me into it)
Re: Clovis Christmas Parade
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2006, 07:18:41 PM »

First of all I want to thank everyone who made it: Steve, Daguy, freds40, Ironman, jake62, Kodiak Commando, dinasings, kf6kmx, scrappy, Dhondagod & Fam, HowardTheDuck, Robert, and Edward in the mil truck. For those who didn't there's always the Hanford parade next year  ;D!Understanding that the police and most other people have preconceived notions (probably not good) about four wheelers, I don't blame them.

All in all we had a great time :thumbup: . Edward and his driver also had a wonderful time and would love to join us again next year for any parades we do. After all of these parades...I'm ready for some snow wheelin  :woohoo: t

Stacy

For next years parade (other than Clovis...), we should put together a 'sleigh' on the Oshkosh, and antlers on the 4x4's with the Oshkosh in the back and the 'reindeer' having fun climbing on each other in front  :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 07:31:03 PM by kf6kmx »
Scott
Hanford, CA
My last known location: F350 Location

"Real trucks don't have spark plugs"

-- Support Search and Rescue.....Get lost! --

1997 Ford F350 CrewCab LWB diesel (tow vehicle)
1988 Range Rover Classic; 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2wd
2006 Polaris Sportsman 500HO EFI AWD
2006 Star Roadliner Midnight
2007 Yamaha Majesty 400 (58mpg!)

kf6kmx

• Pro Rock Jocky
  • 2000 LR Disco-II, 1988 RRC, Emylee and me.
    • View Profile
    • MySpace site (my niece talked me into it)
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2006, 07:30:21 PM »

Thanks again Stacy for coordinating everything!!! The day started of bad & proceeded to go down hill for both Chris & I...  But by the time it was all said & done I think we were back to a relaxed & non-stressed day...   

BTW, after talking to a co-worker who was at the parade, the corvette club reved their enginea to whole route... So why pick on  the poor man??  I guess they just don't understand fun!!!   I am truly embarrassed by my hometown police dept...  What's the difference btwn what we did & clowns riding their scooters in circles close to the crowd???  I don't understand & was very disappointed in Clovis...   

BUT I had a great time with everyone else!!  Now I just need to undecorate the crusier so I can decorate the house!!!

Susan

Actually what I thought was unsafe at the parade was the cops!  Dont know about farther back, but they were shooting around us in front between us and the crowd at too high a speed in my opinion.. I ride motorcycles, it wouldnt take much more than a slick spot from the cow pies that werent being cleaned up (like the rules said they were supposed to) to send that large police m/c right into the front row of kids sitting watching.. They went between the little kids in front of us and the crowd at probably 10-15mph in a space that wasnt 4ft wide (not real wide when you are between unpredicatable kids sitting on the curb (or farther out) and unpredicatble kids that were walkikng and under the 10yr stated limit.
even without the slick spot at 10mph if one of the kids jumped out in front of him, he wouldnt be able to do much with a bike that weighs upwards of 800-1000lbs. (just an educated guess on weight... I have an '81 Kawasaki, same basic model as older police bikes, think CHiPs, it weighs 675 without the lights, rider, radios, etc,.. and its a little smaller than the 'Police Classics' they were scooting around on. Which by the way, I would LOVE to get my hands on one of the ones that Clovis PD has, those are sweet bikes! 

I actually feel sorry for the m/c group (anyone know who they were?) close to the end of the parade... They were about as far back as we were, in the next division...  With the amount of animal 'debris' on the road by the time we went through (with at least one more horse group behind us) that must have been a minefield to ride through (and a nasty cleaning job on the bike the next day!).
Scott
Hanford, CA
My last known location: F350 Location

"Real trucks don't have spark plugs"

-- Support Search and Rescue.....Get lost! --

1997 Ford F350 CrewCab LWB diesel (tow vehicle)
1988 Range Rover Classic; 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2wd
2006 Polaris Sportsman 500HO EFI AWD
2006 Star Roadliner Midnight
2007 Yamaha Majesty 400 (58mpg!)

freds40

• Pro Rock Jocky
  • Ready to go
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2006, 09:02:09 PM »

Yeah I still have a bit o' poo on the tires from the parade. On the topic of the motorcycle crew, my parents came out to see Hazel in the parade and they said the bike guys got away with a ton. Of the 9 bikes, 1 yes only 1 of the riders was wearing a helmet. Also, apparently on the first right hand corner where the mc police were sitting, the bike guys stopped there and reved the motors like crazy. Kinda stinks we got jumped all over but oh well. I can's ask for much more than my daughter and my Cruiser (other than my wife)  ;D

'97 Cummins hot rod Diesel

'64 low rider Cruiser
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=19561.0

Ironman

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • God forgives, rocks don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2006, 07:34:29 AM »

After all is said and done, we still had a blast and can't wait for next years parade. :crazysanta:
'97 Jeep TJ stretched 4", 4.0, SM465, NP 231 w/4:1, HP Dana 60 w/5.38's and ARB in rear, HP Dana 44 w/5.38's, ARB and high steer in front. 5.5 RE long arm kit with 14" King coilovers front and rear, rollin' on 37" MTR's w/17" Allied Rockathon Beadlocks...The bigger the tire, the smaller the rocks.

jake62

• Jesus is my reason...........................
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2006, 08:59:23 AM »

We had a blast too. I think I am going to have Angela and the boys meet us at the staging area next time. The boys were a little restless and it was cold for them. I guess we live and learn. That is what life is all about anyway. I think the main thing for us was the experiences we created with this. I am going to go out on a limb here but we had no control of what anyone else did. We did have control over what we did and how much fun we had. I know there were things that didnt please everyone but I believe this is what life is all about. We cant control those around us, we can only control our actions and set the example as a Christian club. This is what I like about this club. It represents Jesus and that keeps me accountable.

Thank you all again for these life experiences and lessons.

We are looking forward to dinner on the 16th.

God Bless
Jake
Relationships are never about power,
and one way to avoid the will to power is to choose to limit oneself - to serve.

Kodiak Commando

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Look Ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »

Well said Jake! :thumbup:
Fred Whorff
1967 Jeepster Commando
2015 Rubicon Unlimmited
1951 Willys Pickup
1961 Willys Station Wagon
1991 Grand Wagoneer
Yes its a disease of epic proportions!

55crawler

• OlllllllO
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2006, 09:59:33 PM »

For all of those who took pictures in the Clovis High parking lot AFTER the parade, please[/b] DO NOT post them on the internet anywhere!!!!!! [/b] This could cost some people their jobs!!! Thanks for understanding!

Stacy and Steve
[/size][/b][/font]

scrappy

• Rock Jocky
  • 4x4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2006, 10:14:16 PM »

For all of those who took pictures in the Clovis High parking lot AFTER the parade, please[/b] DO NOT post them on the internet anywhere!!!!!! [/b] This could cost some people their jobs!!! Thanks for understanding!

Stacy and Steve
[/size][/b][/font]

This doesnt sound to great....

Lucky for you...  I have NO idea what your talking about! :smack:  Right guys?!
Oh Jyes

55crawler

• OlllllllO
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2006, 10:19:55 PM »

Lucky for you... I have NO idea what your talking about! :smack: Right guys?!

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :thumbup:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]