4x 4Him Christian Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Input needed for Forest Roads Click "HERE" for details.

Please join us for our March 18th Meeting"Details"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Clovis Christmas Parade  (Read 18481 times)

jake62

• Seasoned Pro Rock Jocky
  • Jesus is my reason...........................
    • View Profile
Re: Clovis Christmas Parade
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »

I looked at WalMart for an inverter for the parade. They have a 100W for $20. I would like to have one a little bigger than this. Does Harbor Freight or someone else have one in this price range that is comparable?
Relationships are never about power,
and one way to avoid the will to power is to choose to limit oneself - to serve.

55crawler

• Associate 4x 4Him CW Member
  • OlllllllO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2006, 04:00:34 PM »

Got the confirmation letter from the committee yesterday and we are to be at the staging area at 5:20. Here is a copy of the letter with the directions and some of the rules:

IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE PARADE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK OVER THE PARADE RULES! Even though most don't apply to us, there are some important ones that do.

http://www.geocities.com/krahnstacy/parade_info013.jpg

It sounds like some of you are interested in tailgating so I will check tomorrow to find out where exactly we can do this. Probably going to do something easy like pizza and soda. :eating:

Tailgate sounds good to me too.
As far as lights, I'm going to take the two strings of white lights that I had on the trailer and run them around the Rover (one high and one low), and have the banner on the roof with a flood light, with my 650 generator on a mount off the hitch.. Thats all I'm planning on doing.

If you have a generator you need to carry a fire extinguisher.

Very Nice! Lets make it 2 for 2 in Clovis! Ill put the wide 35's back on and you all can drive over them! We will need to figure out who can and can't and get some practice in to make it fast & safe.

Guy

:thumbsup: I had a lot of fun doing this at the Hanford Parade and the crowd loved it too!

[/color][/b][/size]

« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 04:12:43 PM by 55crawler »

SMIL911

• Currently out of my mind. Please leave a message!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2006, 04:16:35 PM »

Hey Stacy..  I added our name to the list!!!   PM me your email & I will send a copy of Cruiser ins to you...  Thanks for all the foot work you do!!!

Susan
Girlie Buggy underconstruction: 
**1 set of custom built axles (Moser nodular 9" centers, big bearing pinions, 60" WMS to WMS, 4:38 gears, Billet yokes, Detroit lockers front and rear, 35-spline Moser inner and outer axles front and rear, Kingpin C's-not ball joint, Tussed housings, 1/2" thick axle tubes, Disc brakes front and rear, Dana 70 spindles and hubs on the rear axle, big bearing hubs, Warn locking hubs, B-built high steer arms
**LT1
**TH350
**40" Iroks & 17" Walker Evans Beadlocks
**16" Rear & 14" Frt Sway-A-Way Shocks (coil overs)
**twisted Customs Narrowed Cruiser Hood
**3-Spd StaK

Ironman

• God forgives, rocks don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2006, 05:06:46 PM »

I looked at WalMart for an inverter for the parade. They have a 100W for $20. I would like to have one a little bigger than this. Does Harbor Freight or someone else have one in this price range that is comparable?
Harbor Freight has a 700 watt in their new add for $49.99. Sale ends Dec. 26th.  :thumbup:
'97 Jeep TJ stretched 4", 4.0, SM465, NP 231 w/4:1, HP Dana 60 w/5.38's and ARB in rear, HP Dana 44 w/5.38's, ARB and high steer in front. 5.5 RE long arm kit with 14" King coilovers front and rear, rollin' on 37" MTR's w/17" Allied Rockathon Beadlocks...The bigger the tire, the smaller the rocks.

la bomba

• Rock Jocky
  • Major Newbie, but learning more & more every day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2006, 06:37:50 PM »

Well, until I find a way to keep my truck from blowing fuses whenever I turn more than just my headlights on, I'm out.  I've got a couple of idea's in mind, but It'll cost a few bucks and I've gotta save up for that new tranny first.

Maybe next year!
4 Wheelers Creed

Many see excessiveness. I see necessity
Many say too expensive. I say priceless
Many see body damage. I see experience
They call it maintenance. I call it caring
They call it broken. I call it wounded
They see a scratch. I see a memory
They'll take the low road. I'll take the high road
Some say I'm destroying the earth. I say I'm becoming a part of it
They look at it. I feel, taste, breathe & wear it

Some say we are different,
I say they are right.

la bomba

• Rock Jocky
  • Major Newbie, but learning more & more every day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

Harbor Freight has a 700 watt in their new add for $49.99. Sale ends Dec. 26th.  :thumbup:

I went to HF in Fresno on Blackstone.  They swore they knew nothing of it.  I found a 150watt, then the next biggest thing was 1,500watt.  Ended up going to wal-mart instead...
4 Wheelers Creed

Many see excessiveness. I see necessity
Many say too expensive. I say priceless
Many see body damage. I see experience
They call it maintenance. I call it caring
They call it broken. I call it wounded
They see a scratch. I see a memory
They'll take the low road. I'll take the high road
Some say I'm destroying the earth. I say I'm becoming a part of it
They look at it. I feel, taste, breathe & wear it

Some say we are different,
I say they are right.

freds40

• Pro Rock Jocky
  • Ready to go
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2006, 07:18:25 PM »

I got the 700 last weekend and they told me then they had maybe 10 of them in stock at that point. If you want to tr again, I can get ya the PN Matt.
'97 Cummins hot rod Diesel

'64 low rider Cruiser
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=19561.0

kf6kmx

• Pro Rock Jocky
  • 2000 LR Disco-II, 1988 RRC, Emylee and me.
    • View Profile
    • MySpace site (my niece talked me into it)
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2006, 07:53:43 PM »

All I can suggest to the Clovis Old Town Kiwanis that are putting it on and came up with some of those rules, they need to go actually SEE a parade, and look at how others are organized. 4 parades in 4 towns, and I've never seen some of those rules for a parade! By their own rules they are eliminating a LOT of what is in a 'normal' Christmas parade around here.. 1/2 of what was near us in the Hanford parade wouldnt be allowed by the rules in Clovis (several of the award winners in Hanford wouldnt have been alowed to even participate,let alone win an award!). The ones directly in front of us wouldnt be allowed (younger kids, younger than 10), the 'float' in front of them (an electric flatbed cart with riders on the back), the float behind us with the dancers (cant stand up in the Clovis parade), the Pirate Ship float (again standing).. 

it seems like they dont want 'floats', they want Disneyland trams ("please keep you hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times") with Christmas lights on them :stars:
I guess its a good thing I'm going to light the rover and not bring the trailer, by their 'rules' I guess I couldnt particiapte, since my 'display' was the trailer, but the tow vehicle wasnt lit it wouldnt qualify...

This is going to be an intersting parade... in this part of the state (heavily ag related) and the western roots of Clovis itself, but the parade apprarently will have no farm tractors, farm trailers, etc, in the parade, which are in all of the other local parades. it will be interesting to see one of the most 'western' towns, have the least 'western/ag' participants.
Scott
Hanford, CA
My last known location: F350 Location

"Real trucks don't have spark plugs"

-- Support Search and Rescue.....Get lost! --

1997 Ford F350 CrewCab LWB diesel (tow vehicle)
1988 Range Rover Classic; 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2wd
2006 Polaris Sportsman 500HO EFI AWD
2006 Star Roadliner Midnight
2007 Yamaha Majesty 400 (58mpg!)

daguy

• His love endures forever.
    • View Profile
    • My videos & Pictures
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2006, 06:35:40 AM »

We tow a trailer for our Church every year. The kids sit, all ages never been asked to have the band members sit. I don't know much about the rules, we were just told we needed to have the truck & trailer light up. I know about 8 years ago a cheer leader from Clark fell and was run over by there trailer so they my have come up with new rules. I know this did not help, I just felt like typing.  :smack:
17 AS IRON SHARPENS IRON
SO ONE MAN SHARPENS ANOTHER.
Proverbs 27:17

Wheeling Videos & Pictures  http://extreamwheeling.blogspot.com/

Heros of War    http://tributofwar.blogspot.com/

Going home, going home,
I'm just going home.
Quiet-like, slip away-
I'll be going home.
It's not far, just close by;
Jesus is the Door;
Work all done, laid aside,
Fear and grief no more.
Friends are there, waiting now.
He is waiting, too.
See His smile! See His hand!
He will lead me through.

Kodiak Commando

• Active 4x 4Him CW Member
  • Look Ma, no hands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2006, 08:55:15 AM »

Just a quick inverter sighting.  Sam's club has a whole case of 500 Watt inverteres for about $28 bucks.
Fred Whorff
1967 Jeepster Commando
2015 Rubicon Unlimmited
1951 Willys Pickup
1961 Willys Station Wagon
1991 Grand Wagoneer
Yes its a disease of epic proportions!

dinasings

• Rock Jocky
  • Big Red
    • View Profile
    • KnowRain.com
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2006, 11:06:56 AM »

I have the same inverter and it wouldn't power two strands of lights. They went out half way through the parade.
I did get some LED battery powered lights (4 sets) at target for my wreaths that I mounted to the front grill and rear spare tire. They were $2.50/strand. Each strand had about 25 lights. One strand stretched accross the roll bar perfectly (just the top). That should give you an idea of how long it is. I find it only good for wreaths and stuff like that. I wouldn't use the lights for a major deco job. BTW, The lights were in the $ section by the front door. They are in the $ tubs by the mini x-mas trees which are also $2.50.

Also, I think I can pile a bunch of people in my rig. They can sit on the side of the bed and stuff. Plenty of room for five or six in the back. Kinda of like a float. Anyway, just an idea

Also,
Dinasings
86' GMC Jimmy "Big Red"
8" lift, 4:88 gears, 700r4 trans,
Np208 transfer case,
front and rear Auburns,
38" Sw, Warn manual hubs,
Rock lights, Cust bumpers

www.knowrain.com
www.myspace.com/dinasings

55crawler

• OlllllllO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2006, 04:20:04 PM »

Just a few notes about the rules....

I called the Kiwanis today to clear a few things up and it seems like the rules are just there to keep everyone safe. As long we use good judgement they shouldn't give us any problems. For example, rules 26 and 27 would prohibit tire crawling but the event coordinator gave us the okay as long as we do so in a safe manner and keep the parade moving.

I didn't ask about the insurance issue, probably has something to do with their event insurance.

If you have any questions or concerns please PM me and I'm sure we can sort them out. If you wish to contact the Kiwanis directly their number is 323-8091 (they answer the phone as an insurance company but they are the people you want to talk to).

I'm still trying to find a place where we can all meet up before we head over to the staging area. If anyone has any ideas please post...
[/b]

Howard The Duck

• Rock Jocky
  • 4x4Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

At Barstow Ave. & Clovis, we have a shopping center and on Barstow Sierra Vista school. Or Clovis Ave. & Shaw Ave their is a big shopping center.
Now all I need to do is find some duck lights and I be ready to go.  :thumbup:
stay in His clutch

kf6kmx

• Pro Rock Jocky
  • 2000 LR Disco-II, 1988 RRC, Emylee and me.
    • View Profile
    • MySpace site (my niece talked me into it)
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 03:53:01 PM »

At Barstow Ave. & Clovis, we have a shopping center and on Barstow Sierra Vista school. Or Clovis Ave. & Shaw Ave their is a big shopping center.
Now all I need to do is find some duck lights and I be ready to go.  :thumbup:

something like these
http://www.partylights.com/products/novelty/302DU.html
or these
http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Duckie-Fun-String-Lights/dp/B000K7IMYY/sr=8-1/qid=1164757873/ref=sr_1_1/102-3481169-5812932?ie=UTF8&s=hi
Scott
Hanford, CA
My last known location: F350 Location

"Real trucks don't have spark plugs"

-- Support Search and Rescue.....Get lost! --

1997 Ford F350 CrewCab LWB diesel (tow vehicle)
1988 Range Rover Classic; 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2wd
2006 Polaris Sportsman 500HO EFI AWD
2006 Star Roadliner Midnight
2007 Yamaha Majesty 400 (58mpg!)

jake62

• Jesus is my reason...........................
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2006, 05:18:52 PM »

Found and bought a 400W inverter at home depot. HUSKY 400 Watt Power Inverter Model HSK064HD
 It wont be here till next week but one of my classmates had the same one for me to borrow for this weekend. It is a husky and I figured it will do well for small things like lights and my laptop (for camping and watching movies). I may have to pick some blue lights from you Stacy.

Whats the plan for staging? Where and when are we going to have time to set up our rigs? Tailgating?????

God Bless. Keep praying the rig will be out of the shop by Saturday. Hard to scrape up $1000 at the last min. I did say that I would have faith that it would come in time though so just keep praying.

Relationships are never about power,
and one way to avoid the will to power is to choose to limit oneself - to serve.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7